Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: tacks fans when we signed Marks...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/vi...p?t=519153

Quote:[Image: icon_lol.gif] 

Poor jags fans...

Quote:"with this signature I pledge to steal Khan's money like I stole Bud's". 

Quote:He's decent enough depth, just wasn't worth our 2nd round pick. Wish the best for him regardless.

Quote:Good for us...Weaken their team...

What changed? It seems Marks was pretty poor for them.

I'd play like crap too if I had to play in that hillbilly hell hole

Scheme fit mainly. Plus he's clearly full blown #DTWD.
Remember this thread next time people are ready to run our former 2nd round picks Cyprien, Lee, and Yeldon out of town.
And how great it was when he sacked them for the game winner in prime-time TNF to get his 600k 

#MoneySack

What changed for S. Marks, well it was a prove it contract so that if money is a motivator for him I'm sure that helped.  He had one of the best DL coaches in Jacksonville, and the talent that surrounds you along with Coaching can help.

I mean Big Red Bryant was cut from the team but he did draw a lot of attention that helped, along with Ryan Davis & Roy Miller playing good inside at times.

Sometimes players just play really good one year, but that injuries that nag can bring them down other years... look at M. Lewis he had a great year and then stunk for several...
Quote:What changed for S. Marks, well it was a prove it contract so that if money is a motivator for him I'm sure that helped.  He had one of the best DL coaches in Jacksonville, and the talent that surrounds you along with Coaching can help.

I mean Big Red Bryant was cut from the team but he did draw a lot of attention that helped, along with Ryan Davis & Roy Miller playing good inside at times.

Sometimes players just play really good one year, but that injuries that nag can bring them down other years... look at M. Lewis he had a great year and then stunk for several...
Marks was signed to a prove it deal. Proved it, got signed. Then had the monster year.

Not similar to Marcedes. 
Reggie Nelson was a liability in coverage and a poor tackler when he was here. A year after he left he was playing at a high level. Sometimes it's the coach. Sometimes it's the scheme. Sometimes it's the mindset.
Quote:Reggie Nelson was a liability in coverage and a poor tackler when he was here. A year after he left he was playing at a high level. Sometimes it's the coach. Sometimes it's the scheme. Sometimes it's the mindset.

I think 'high level' is a stretch. He was certainly playing better.
They played him heads up on the center, for whatever reason.
Quote:Remember this thread next time people are ready to run our former 2nd round picks Cyprien, Lee, and Yeldon out of town.
QFT
The power of a team simply saying you are not good enough can do wonders. Played with a chip on his shoulder.

In Tennessee, his nickname was "Question" Marks.

He played next to one of the better DT's in the league, but he was always too big of a liability to take on a full time role. Always getting steamrolled by running backs.
Quote:I think 'high level' is a stretch. He was certainly playing better.

He was plying pretty high here.
Quote:I'd play like crap too if I had to play in that hillbilly hell hole

Dude...not sure when you were last in Nashville, but it's one of the hottest places to live right now.
Quote:Dude...not sure when you were last in Nashville, but it's one of the hottest places to live right now.

Shhhh... We don't want it full of neanderthals.
Quote:Shhhh... We don't want it full of neanderthals.

You guys don't have enough or somethin'?
Quote:Shhhh... We don't want it full of neanderthals.

It's a little late for that.
Quote:Dude...not sure when you were last in Nashville, but it's one of the hottest places to live right now.

If you're into kissing your cousin and meth labs then I suppose you're right.

I'll stick with hillbilly hell hole.
^Wow you're so smart.
Pages: 1 2