Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Davon House Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is a blog Davon House has started. Its a really great read.

http://www.davonhouse31.com/2015/09/09/j...ksonville/
It's getting off to a great start!

Lol enigma.

Yo Mel, we cyan't see da blog mon
My b dunno what happened >.>
Love the read, seems like a great guy who will work hard on the field. One thing that made me think was the fact that he said Hurns and Robinson have made him better. Isn't that a downgrade from Nelson and Cobb? Is it because he wasn't a starter? Hopefully he will only get better, I was hoping he was already up to his potential in GB.

That was impressive. Good insights. He's in love with his opposition, the Allens. That's how it should be.

Regarding Cobb/Nelson. Higher in the food chain for sure, overall, but he complimented specific aspects of the Allens that help him get better, not an overall assessment of their place in the WR hierarchy. Plus as you said, he may not have been going vs. those juggernauts as constantly as he does vs. our Allens.

Humble, good guy, he seems. His 15 month old best friend, adorable. Tellingly, as we've discussed, the O seems ahead and may be our strength to start. For a defender to commit 3 paragraphs to the O and their potential, while not mentioning his D posse, save for coaches, speaks volumes. Look forward to more. Tykoli, keep us posted mate.
"You wouldn’t think receivers that young would be able to do the things they do, but the fact that they can makes me really excited for them, and for the future of this franchise."
Quote:"You wouldn’t think receivers that young would be able to do the things they do, but the fact that they can makes me really excited for them, and for the future of this franchise."

Love that thinking. I hope hurrns works out but I think he isn't a real WR, he can't catch. I also think we are missing that number 1 WR. AR15 is beast and capable of being a number 1 WR but it would be so much better with a Dez or Demariyus type WR1 and AR15 being number 2 WR. For ex. If we drafted Cooper, Cooper across from Robinson would be explosive with Lee and Julius, that is a nightmare. 
Quote:Love that thinking. I hope hurrns works out but I think he isn't a real WR, he can't catch. I also think we are missing that number 1 WR. AR15 is beast and capable of being a number 1 WR but it would be so much better with a Dez or Demariyus type WR1 and AR15 being number 2 WR. For ex. If we drafted Cooper, Cooper across from Robinson would be explosive with Lee and Julius, that is a nightmare. 
You don't need a Dez or Demaryius to win football games. Look at the Seahawks and Patriots and how far they got without them. You just need capable receivers that are above average, and these guys have the skills to do that. They were all rookies last year and had explosive plays, and it will only get better with time. Wait for the season to play out before judging Hurns so harshly. The guy is a play-maker and was running routes like a veteran last year.
Great read, thanks

AWESOME!

I've never been much of blog reader, but there's no time like the present to start reading one.

Quote:"You wouldn’t think receivers that young would be able to do the things they do, but the fact that they can makes me really excited for them, and for the future of this franchise."
Thats whats up
Quote:Love the read, seems like a great guy who will work hard on the field. One thing that made me think was the fact that he said Hurns and Robinson have made him better. Isn't that a downgrade from Nelson and Cobb? Is it because he wasn't a starter? Hopefully he will only get better, I was hoping he was already up to his potential in GB.
Might want to try that one again...
A very good read!

Good to see how enthusiastic he is about being here and the prospects for this team. 

That's pretty cool
Good read, I just wish that instead of spending hours to write a blog he would use that time to practice more, lift weights, watch film... I mean anything to make him a better player for this team because he hasn't shown anything to be a shut down corner. 

Quote:Good read, I just wish that instead of spending hours to write a blog he would use that time to practice more, lift weights, watch film... I mean anything to make him a better player for this team because he hasn't shown anything to be a shut down corner.

You guys keep proving Bortles right
I like reading his weekly blog. I just hope we get wins and what he says is true about this team. It'd be difficult to keep reading if we get blown out after he says " I think you all can expect a better performance than what we came out with last week."
Quote:Good read, I just wish that instead of spending hours to write a blog he would use that time to practice more, lift weights, watch film... I mean anything to make him a better player for this team because he hasn't shown anything to be a shut down corner. 
My god man, he probably writes this late at night before he goes to bed. You want him pumping iron and studying at 2am? 
Pages: 1 2 3