Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3rd qb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
They should probably give DRob and/or Marshall some reps as the scout team qb for an emergency option. DRob makes more sense as Marshall will likely be inactive most weeks.

Josh Freeman anyone?

Just to throw someone better than Henne out there.

A possible option for a practice squad qb might be Phillip Sims from the Cards. He has a workout scheduled with the Raiders, but should they not sign him to their PS or as a #3, the rookie qb had a fantastic preseason.

Another possible practice squad qb is Alex Tanney who had a lights out preseason with the Titans and is incredibly still available. He's currently working out with the Bills for a shot on their PS, but they might pass.

After looking around, Jeff Tuel is not that horrible of an option for the ps. At least he knows the system.

---

A possible option to replace Henne on the roster is Austin Davis who is currently working out for the Browns and is expected to sign with them. However, they haven't signed him yet. Davis started 8 games for the Rams last year with a 85.1 qb rating.

Quote:Josh Freeman anyone?

Just to throw someone better than Henne out there.

I'd love to hear Oley's current opinion on possibly acquiring Freeman considering his best season came under Oley's guidance. That said, he's been a relative disaster as of late. He actually had a decent preseason with a high YPA and completion percentage, but in the week four finale he threw for 0 TDs and 2 INTs vs the Bucs.

Anything is possible , but if action falls to a 3rd qb my guess is it would be Robinson. Surprised we did not sign one to the practice squad.
Probably bring back Tuel Time

If it came to that
Still two openings left on the practice squad.

Why not Todd Bouman?

If it falls to the 3rd QB, does it really matter?

Quote:Why not Todd Bouman?
You know he's busy with his tractor. 
My guess is that someone, possibly Tuel, ends up on the practice squad within the next couple of days.

If it came down to it in a game, I'd guess Shoelace would be the emergency fill-in at QB.

Quote:My guess is that someone, possibly Tuel, ends up on the practice squad within the next couple of days.

If it came down to it in a game, I'd guess Shoelace would be the emergency fill-in at QB.

Tuel makes sense. But the fact they have not signed him yet makes me wonder.
Quote:Tuel makes sense. But the fact they have not signed him yet makes me wonder.
They might just be waiting for him to get into town so he can sign his contract, or maybe there is another guy they're more interested in and waiting to see if he shakes loose from his current team.
Tuel may not be in the running for the PS position. If he were, he'd be signed already unless he's holding out for a 53 man roster spot else where.?.?.?

We must have an PS QB on the roster as we all know. Whome else will play the opposing team's QB...

NH3...
TEBOWWW! jk

I for one hope that Blake Bortles never gets injured this year, and I would hope that the Oline has improved enough under Marrone that both Chad & Blake wouldnt be hurt. 

That being said if they both are injured and placed on IR wouldnt they activate Morris?

raweyejag

Quote:Still two openings left on the practice squad.

Johnny O tweeted at 6:30am PS # 9 was Toby Johnson DT from Titans and Hayes retweeted same after incorrectly saying it occurred Sunday.
Quote:I for one hope that Blake Bortles never gets injured this year, and I would hope that the Oline has improved enough under Marrone that both Chad & Blake wouldnt be hurt. 

That being said if they both are injured and placed on IR wouldnt they activate Morris?
Isn't Morris an Eagle?

raweyejag

Quote:TEBOWWW! jk

No PS eligibility and Henne will not be cut unless Luck or Bridgewater traded on their current contract...which is not going to happen so... Tebow not coming as Kahn and DCIndicated early on.

raweyejag

Quote:Isn't Morris an Eagle?

Yep
Pages: 1 2 3 4