Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Waiting for Week One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it just me or does waiting for week 1 to see our Jags seem like an eternity once we get one week away.

I just feel like time has slowed down this week every year. It seems like it is the longest week of my life

I don't want the season to start.  I like being tied for 1st place.

In recent years, when the season starts, our hope fades, and the countdown to the NFL Draft begins ......

It is an excruciatingly long week. Especially when you try to explain to other NFL fans that the Panthers aren't just going to blow the Jaguars out of the water, and they take this time to laugh and ridicule you for that opinion.

VT/OSU tomorrow night. NFL on Thursday. Football all day on Saturday.

Basically it is just 3 football-less days away.

Quote:It is an excruciatingly long week. Especially when you try to explain to other NFL fans that the Panthers aren't just going to blow the Jaguars out of the water, and they take this time to laugh and ridicule you for that opinion.
It's yet to be seen just how we'll play as a team. However, as I've watched Carolina, they're playing fast and furious...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
Quote:It is an excruciatingly long week. Especially when you try to explain to other NFL fans that the Panthers aren't just going to blow the Jaguars out of the water, and they take this time to laugh and ridicule you for that opinion.

I don't feel like any of us who have come to visit here have acted that way. Sure we counter when someone makes a false claim (like the guy saying Luke is hurt), but I don't think we've been disrespectful nor do we believe it's going to be a cakewalk. In fact, I'm here because I want to know more about your team because I'm worried....not to talk smack.
One

Very

Long

Week

Quote:I don't feel like any of us who have come to visit here have acted that way. Sure we counter when someone makes a false claim (like the guy saying Luke is hurt), but I don't think we've been disrespectful nor do we believe it's going to be a cakewalk. In fact, I'm here because I want to know more about your team because I'm worried....not to talk smack.

You've been respectful. The other ones, well they just think the Panthers will walk all over the Jags.
Quote:I don't feel like any of us who have come to visit here have acted that way. Sure we counter when someone makes a false claim (like the guy saying Luke is hurt), but I don't think we've been disrespectful nor do we believe it's going to be a cakewalk. In fact, I'm here because I want to know more about your team because I'm worried....not to talk smack.

I'm actually talking about NFL fans on Facebook.

Quote:It's yet to be seen just how we'll play as a team. However, as I've watched Carolina, they're playing fast and furious...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...

One of the big keys for the Jags to be successful will be to frustrate Cam as often as possible and get him to make mistakes.

Do that and you have a great chance at victory.
Quote:I'm actually talking about NFL fans on Facebook.

Ha....we don't claim any of those people. Facebook fans are the worst. Those groups are terrible
Quote:One of the big keys for the Jags to be successful will be to frustrate Cam as often as possible and get him to make mistakes.

Do that and you have a great chance at victory.

Without Marks I think you'll have to do that with coverage and keeping him in the pocket. Our OL has given great protection this preseason against top DL's. If you can cover Olsen and force him to rely on the receivers it could rattle him.
Quote:Is it just me or does waiting for week 1 to see our Jags seem like an eternity once we get one week away.

I just feel like time has slowed down this week every year. It seems like it is the longest week of my life

Only five days to go until kickoff!
Quote:Without Marks I think you'll have to do that with coverage and keeping him in the pocket. Our OL has given great protection this preseason against top DL's. If you can cover Olsen and force him to rely on the receivers it could rattle him.
Yeah and Ziggy is out for the season with a foot injury... and Marks will likely not play.

I guess we will get to see how good Bennett can be at getting pressure in this game.

The Jaguars will likely have the OTTO Skuta on Olson which worries me as I was more impressed with (injured) Renoylds ability at LOLB than Skutas.