Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: First official depth chart of the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: hxBznue.png]

Interesting notes:

Sergio Brown starting Free Safety, he's gonna have to play hard to keep that spot as Sample looks good. Colvin starts over McCray, Lotulelei listed above Reynolds. DRob starting kick returning over Grant - not sure how long that will last, it looks like Yeldon and DRob are both listed as starters too so we'll see them rotate a lot.

Edit: Looks like Jaguars.com left "Eric Crume" on that by accident, he was cut afaik.

why is Branch above Clemons

Quote:why is Branch above Clemons
I'm curious too.
I would love for them to trade Pierce for a low round, we have 5 RB even if Toby is a FB. Grant and that speed seems great, I would involve him more, especially in the screen plays. Create a roster space for a veteran DT until Marks comes back.

And Hood even though he's on IR. does that give Bennet a start until Marks comes back?
Funny that Hood is listed as a 1.

Well Harbor is above Thomas and guessing that's because of injury. So, is Clemmons hurt?

Bradley has been hinting that Clemons is going to be used on pass rushing downs only this year instead of every down like last year.
Why are they both ahead of Ryan Davis? That's the real question.

A 12 man starting offense, why didn't we think of this sooner?!?!?

Quote:A 12 man starting offense, why didn't we think of this sooner?!?!?

Gerhart is so good, we're gonna risk a flag every play just to have him on the field too.
Quote:Well Harbor is above Thomas and guessing that's because of injury. So, is Clemmons hurt?
Clemmons hardly participated in the offseason. It's hard to give someone the nod who puts in such little effort.

He is too old to rest on his laurels. He will have to earn his rank based on performing during the season.

Quote:Why are they both ahead of Ryan Davis? That's the real question.
I think right now Davis is a one trick pony. He is a liability outside of passing situations. You aren't going to get the starting gig unless you have a more complete game.
Why is Ziggy Hood listed as a co-starter when he's on IR?

We gonna trade for Kam Chancellor? He and Sergio could be formidable.

On closer inspection, this looks like the preseason depth chart except they just removed the players who were cut. That could be why Branch and Hood are starters despite being injured, we have 12 men starting on offense, and multiple positions have no backup players.

Our defensive line could be the biggest worry spot even with Marks back. All it needs is one more DT and one more DE next offseason.

Speaking of which, I do think the roster upgraded from last year but most of the progress this year will be attributed to Year 2 players ascension. 

Next year wishlist:

- "Z style" Receiver in FA or 1st round in draft

- Starter capable DT/Linebacker/FS

- Rookie DE

- Another Rookie RB

This was the PRESEASON depth chart.

Quote:This was the PRESEASON depth chart.

As long as Ziggy Hood and Eric Crume remain on the depth chart, I'd say it's not up to date.

Did you miss the preseason?

Branch was present but unaccounted for.

Clemons was both missing and unaccounted for.

If our draft pick was healthy, Clemons would be gone.
Pages: 1 2 3