Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: LG G4, iPhone 6+, or 6s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which phone would you recommend and why?

I like the 3gb of ram in the G4 and the camera.

iOS and Android are no real preference to me. I do like the stronger feel of the iPhone. The 6s is rumored to have 2gb of ram which would be great but if it has 1gb then it's really no different than the 6 but the price of the 6 will drop when the 6s is officially announced.

Thoughts?

I'm on an iPhone 5 now bc my Note 2 broke.
Since you already have experience with the Note why not the Note 5? I don't really care for LG phone products. My wife went thru two G3's (various issues with the screen) before upgrading to the Note 5 which she loves.
Quote:Since you already have experience with the Note why not the Note 5? I don't really care for LG phone products. My wife went thru two G3's (various issues with the screen) before upgrading to the Note 5 which she loves.

I haven't really looked into it. I loved the Note 2 but I'm a little annoyed with the Samsung bloatware which the G4 doesn't really have. And I don't believe there's an easy way to root either of them yet to remove it.
So is the iPhone4 out of date?
I'm waiting on my invite for the Oneplus 2. 

I like apple computers and have had iphones since the iphone 3s.  However I think the androids and lg phones seem to be way better lately.  I don't like that you can't use iphones as a modem for a computer, which has become more important to me since i started doing real estate.  I'm waiting for my 5 to die before I get a new phone which I'm hoping will be after xmas.

Quote:I'm waiting on my invite for the Oneplus 2. 

I never understood this concept.  I get that it maybe benefits the company (somehow), but why would I want to do this?  I probably would have bought one but bought another phone since I dont really have that much interest in being invited to spend my own money.  Just seems like extra effort for no gain.
Quote:I haven't really looked into it. I loved the Note 2 but I'm a little annoyed with the Samsung bloatware which the G4 doesn't really have. And I don't believe there's an easy way to root either of them yet to remove it.

If you're looking for an awesome phone without the bloatware I would recommend the Nexus 6. Its what I currently have now and probably has one of the biggest screens to date. It came out right after the IPhone 6 so it should be affordable now. I had full intention of walking into the store that day and buying the IPhone 6 but ending up walking out with the Nexus 6 instead.
I enjoy my Apple stuff. works well for me.

I have an iPhone 6, i love it. Big difference from the iPhonce 5c i used to have.
I'm a big fan of HTC, but solely because they're the only major developer that still makes it easy to unlock their bootloader. We'll see if that changes as carriers try to reduce the number of phones on their network not running their stock OS.

Based on the options you've listed there, I'd go with the G4. Mostly because I would sooner use Morse code than iOS on a phone, but partly because I think LG did a really nice job with the G4.

Played around with my sisters Galaxy S6 today. I really liked it. Makes me lean toward the Note 5 a bit. I'll probably wait till the Apple announcement Wednesday
Quote:Played around with my sisters Galaxy S6 today. I really liked it. Makes me lean toward the Note 5 a bit. I'll probably wait till the Apple announcement Wednesday

Don't join the cult...follow your gut.
Quote:So is the iPhone4 out of date?

I'm still rocking the 4s.
Quote:Played around with my sisters Galaxy S6 today. I really liked it. Makes me lean toward the Note 5 a bit. I'll probably wait till the Apple announcement Wednesday

Gonna be the iPhone 6s. Better camera and a few other things is what ive heard.
Quote:Gonna be the iPhone 6s. Better camera and a few other things is what ive heard.

See the only thing I'm really concerned with is more ram on the iPhone. I don't really care about force touch or a better camera than it has currently. Really just waiting to see if they blow me away with it.

My gut is telling me to go Android and to go with the G4. The Note 5 is a gorgeous phone but that Samsung bloatware and TouchWiz lag are huge complaints from me. I'm gonna have to go into Verizon and just play around with a few and see what I like the feel of most.
No recommendation for Moto yet?

I have last years Moto X and it's fantastic. The new version looks even better and at a killer price point. Also note the newest Nexus phones should be out shortly. None of which will have bloatware of the Samsung phones.

That said my friends that have the LG phones are very meh on them. 

Going with the Galaxy S6 Edge+

The iPhone announcement didn't wow me as expected. And playing around with them all in the store that one just felt the best. The screen is amazing and the phone felt just as fast or faster than the others. I'll deal with the bloatware. Wireless charging was an awesome bonus too.
Quote:Going with the Galaxy S6 Edge+

The iPhone announcement didn't wow me as expected. And playing around with them all in the store that one just felt the best. The screen is amazing and the phone felt just as fast or faster than the others. I'll deal with the bloatware. Wireless charging was an awesome bonus too.

Good choice. When I bought my wife's phone I came down to the Edge+ or the Note 5. Both are excellent choices.
Whatever you do, don't drop that phone lol my friend had his for a week and dropped it (from not very high) onto a tile floor and the screen shattered.
Pages: 1 2