Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pasztor cut?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought he was good depth.  Any reason why he was cut?

Quote:I thought he was good depth.  Any reason why he was cut?

They preferred Young's ability to play both LT and RT.
Quote:I thought he was good depth.  Any reason why he was cut?
Because they thought another player would be better. Rolleyes
This is something I thought would never happen. Sam Young is our new Guy Whimper. He sucks and wont go away.

I don't think any of us have really had that good of a look at Sam Young. If they think he's better than Pasztor, I think that's great news. Pasztor, wasn't stellar, but as a 23-game starter he was solid. I'm sure someone in need on an RT will pick him up.

Get off of young, He has played a couple really good games in the past. He isn't consistent nor likely will ever develop into a starter but I do believe he is better than paztor at this point. Not sure how paztor fell off so bad after a couple years ago.

Good. He had numerous opportoonies and blew 'em all
Pasztor was not good this preseason....not solid at all.  When they tried him at LT, to be the swing tackle, he was a turnstile.  Young is bad, but was better able to play LT, giving him the edge for the swing tackle role. 

I would not be surprised to see Dave pick someone up to replace Young. 

They ought to have cut Luke Jokel instead. The guy can't stop a pass rush for his life.

Quote:I thought he was good depth. Any reason why he was cut?

I'm pretty sure it's because his eye is shaped like a football.
Quote:I'm pretty sure it's because his eye is shaped like a football.

I'm 1/85th Asian and I take offense to this statement
Quote:I'm pretty sure it's because his eye is shaped like a football.

I guess that corrective eye surgery didn't work :mellow:
Took 5 strokes off his golf game and one spot off an NFL roster.

Quote:They ought to have cut Luke Jokel instead. The guy can't stop a pass rush for his life.
Ugh.
That's absurd. Joekel hasn't been that bad.

Quote:Get off of young, He has played a couple really good games in the past. He isn't consistent nor likely will ever develop into a starter but I do believe he is better than paztor at this point. Not sure how paztor fell off so bad after a couple years ago.

he ruptured him hamstrings - not an injury you can come back from quickly.

he needed this offseason to get stronger than he was in 2013 and 2014... instead he was rehabbing just trying to get back to where he was in 2014.... and that's not enough.

I do think that's at least part of it.
Quote:I guess that corrective eye surgery didn't work :mellow:
I thought the whole point of lasik was that you didn't get cut.

Nice and easy outpatient procedure with little risk of infection.

He was cut because Sam Young is the better option. Young surprised me with how hr played at LT. He's not a starter by any means but if Joeckel gets hurt and has to miss a few quarters or even a game, Young is at least not another Guy Whimpe.
I love how Sosa is such a total pro at couch coaching. Maybe they should give em a job.
Pages: 1 2