Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Which 2015 UDFA has the best season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So 3 of the priority UDFAs made the roster, which one will be this season Allen Hurns?

Grant is most likely imo as he'll be the return man but Armbrister has looked impressive in pre-season and LB is the Jags weakest position group so he could find a decent amount of time.

GRANT... no quesion GRANT

Explosive TD's and runs will always beat out a defensive player. I'll go with Grant, but Armbrister looked really good this pre-season. I'll have to keep my eye on him.

I think Armbrister will be the one to see the field the most

I don't expect to see Grant/Marshall as involved as Armbrister. As of now, Armbrister looks like he might be the top candidate for most INTs on our defense...
Quote:I don't expect to see Grant/Marshall as involved as Armbrister. As of now, Armbrister looks like he might be the top candidate for most INTs on our defense...

Most dropped INTs?
If Grant gets the kickoff return role, he might get more noticeable play time.

Yeldon, Gerhart, Robinson, and Pierce are all ahead of Grant on the depth chart. If Grant has any major impact, it will be an special teams. I don't think there will be any UDFA that will produce like Hurns did last year, its pretty rare.
I just wanna say between Hurns, Armbrister and Grant I have called 3 UFA making the rosters 2 years straight right after them signing here. Keep an eye out for next year for me. B)

I think Grant will have  more Impact but only if they have some packages for him which I think they will try to find ways to get him the ball

in open space.

Here's a question:

Why do you believe that Thurston Armbrister went undrafted?    I don't recall Armbrister getting much,  if any mention during the pre-draft period?

The NFL kickers always kick through the end zone. Do we really need to activate a guy to watch the ball sail over his head
Quote:Here's a question:

Why do you believe that Thurston Armbrister went undrafted?    I don't recall Armbrister getting much,  if any mention during the pre-draft period?

I don't know, but I do know he stood out in the Jaguars rookie minicamp and ever since. I keep wondering if he might be an ideal Otto option.

Quote:I don't know, but I do know he stood out in the Jaguars rookie minicamp and ever since. I keep wondering if he might be an ideal Otto option.

Based on merit,  do you believe he should be starting in the Jaguars base 4-3 Defense?
I went with armbrister  just because I think he will see the most time on the field

Quote:I went with armbrister just because I think he will see the most time on the field

This.
Quote:If Grant gets the kickoff return role, he might get more noticeable play time.
I agree.

grant is da man
Quote:Based on merit,  do you believe he should be starting in the Jaguars base 4-3 Defense?

He's currently third on the depth chart behind Skuta and LaRoy Reynolds at OTTO, however, I can totally see him starting there. My main hesitation relates to his lack of experience as a rookie, however, he appears to have the athletic ability for the role. The OTTO position is a tough position to master, but Armbrister might be able to do just that. What I still need to see out of Thurston is the ability to mount an effective pass rush on the strong side.

Quote:I went with armbrister  just because I think he will see the most time on the field

I went with Armbrister for the same reason.

Armbrister. He'll be the most involved on defense and special teams, and could push for time at Otto later on in the year. Grant really doesn't offer anything that our other running backs don't (aside from being a little faster than Robinson) and probably won't be seen outside of kick returns. Marshall is not ready to contribute yet, and may well spend all 16 games deactivated while learning the cornerback position during the week.

Pages: 1 2