Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sen'Derrick Marks Could Possibly Miss Six Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...practicing

"If he isn't medically cleared to practice or play when the regular season begins, the Jaguars could keep him on the PUP list, in which case he would have to sit out the first six weeks."

What are the chances this actually happens? He's got a week to get healthy. Not having JT or Marks out there for this first quarter of the season is going to hurt.

Next man up

Would rather he come back 100% than rush. Let the tank begin.

Quote:Would rather he come back 100% than rush. Let the tank begin.

Agreed
Quote:Next man up
We lose
If he probably should start the season on PUP. He hasn't practiced yet and it's going to take a few weeks just to get him into playing shape. ACL injuries take time to heal and it would be foolish to rush him back before he's truly ready and re-injure it. Might as well place him on PUP and use the extra roster spot on someone who could actually play right away.

Throw Michael Bennett into the fire.

I don't like it. The Jaguars have nearly impossible to win games right out of the gate the first four weeks, so they'll need all the help they can get. If he's not quite ready week one I hope he's ready week two. Whatever the case, as soon as we can get Marks out there we need to get him out there. I really don't like the idea of starting 0-4 and feel it's imperative we at least win one of those games.

What is impossible about beating Carolina and Miami at home? Especially when we would have beaten Miami last year if not for Bortles pick 6's.

Honestly I thought it was crazy for Marks to say he would play week 1, I mean most wouldnt even imagine starting until at least October.

The Jaguars have the best Defensive Line coach in the NFL so he should be able to get by until Marks is healthy and ready to play.

Quote:Would rather he come back 100% than rush. Let the tank begin.
This. The only thing that would suck more than not having Marks for the first six games would be Marks reinjuring the same knee in the first couple of weeks and going down for the season.
You mean to tell me a 300 pound athlete isn't ready to play football less than a year after tearing his ACL? Gee,that's surprising.
Quote:What is impossible about beating Carolina and Miami at home? Especially when we would have beaten Miami last year if not for Bortles pick 6's.

With Sue on board and Tannehill on top of his game, the Dolphins appear to be one of the best teams in the league. Meanwhile, the Panthers boast an incredibly tough defense with probably the best trio of LBs in the game.

Quote:I don't like it. The Jaguars have nearly impossible to win games right out of the gate the first four weeks, so they'll need all the help they can get. If he's not quite ready week one I hope he's ready week two. Whatever the case, as soon as we can get Marks out there we need to get him out there. I really don't like the idea of starting 0-4 and feel it's imperative we at least win one of those games.
I disagree with your analysis of the schedule.

I think with a fully healthy squad, Carolina and Miami are winnable games-albeit tough games.

I would also assert that if Brady misses the Jacksonville game, the New England game is winnable.

But I do agree with you that Marks and Thomas missing an extended period of time within the schedule's first month could have disastrous consequences for this team.

After the Miami game, five out of the next seven games are on the road.  Within that stretch, one of the "home" games is in London, against a Bills team that looks like they will have a near Super Bowl caliber defense and lots of offensive weapons.  The other home game is against Houston, who has always given us fits.

To me, a fast start is paramount.  Having arguably our best offensive non QB player in Thomas and our best defensive lineman (if not player) in Marks miss those games really hurts our chances.
Quote:
Quote:

Would it be fair to call them...  (wait for it)....   The Dream Team?   :teehee:

No seriously, I hear ya about Suh and all.  But I still think Miami is winnable.  I'm just not sold on Miami yet...  

In all seriously, Marks tore that ACL in week 17, I used to remember when ACL's used to take a full year to recover...  Having him back within 6 or even 8 weeks into the season would be a win for us, in my opinion.

I just hope our D understands we're gonna need to blitz alot to get QB pressure... 
I'd rather they bring Marks back on a smart timeline that avoids risk of re-injury or other setbacks.  Marks is too valuable to this team.  If he misses playing time during the regular season, it's on the other guys to step up their games. 

Quote:With Sue on board and Tannehill on top of his game, the Dolphins appear to be one of the best teams in the league. Meanwhile, the Panthers boast an incredibly tough defense with probably the best trio of LBs in the game.

Suh vs Joekel makes me cringe to even think about.
Quote:Suh vs Joekel makes me cringe to even think about.
Yeah, that's not a pleasant thought.
Now that I've seen that Blake is a franchise QB and could become elite in time,I can deal with these other setbacks.

Quote:With Sue on board and Tannehill on top of his game, the Dolphins appear to be one of the best teams in the league. Meanwhile, the Panthers boast an incredibly tough defense with probably the best trio of LBs in the game.

Jon Gruden is that you????
Pages: 1 2 3 4