Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 30th In Pre-season Power Rankings...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Really embarrassing to review the Jaguars when you have no knowledge of the team. I guarantee they came up with this rating by looking at final scores the past three weeks, lol.

Man it would be nice to have a .500 season, or just a little above to shut these idiots up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...le-Jaguars

Regardless, until we prove ourselves. We are a bottom barrel team. Winning changes everything.

30 is about right.

Quote:Regardless, until we prove ourselves. We are a bottom barrel team. Winning changes everything.
Yep, still it's annoying how they can't give details as to why we are ranked so low. They joke about the pools and just say we don't have the pieces. At least give actual reasons.
I don't know missing so many key players to start the season it might get bumpy pretty quick.
Quote:30 is about right.
If you're going off of performance from pre-season? How does that make sense? I know some of our key players are out, but its not like we struggled without them. Except for the pass rush.

Like you said, they don't do the research. Were not a top tier/big market team. Talking about us makes them no money, Its all about Dallas Seattle Patriots. That's who gives them ratings, which in turn makes them money. Thats all they care about, and its unfortunate to fans like us who do chime in on these shows looking to get a peep on info on JAX, only to say Jags lost today. We start winning, or if we become a solid team that can ruin a playoff teams Wild card run or something. Were irrelevant.

Quote:Regardless, until we prove ourselves. We are a bottom barrel team. Winning changes everything.
Quote:If you're going off of performance from pre-season? How does that make sense? I know some of our key players are out, but its not like we struggled without them. Except for the pass rush.
If you're going off of performance the last 4 seasons you come up with the same thing.

You are what you are until you prove differently.
holy crap, stop caring about this stuff

the only thing that matters in the NFL is wins and losses.  i dont understand the need or want to be recognized in some random guy's "power" rankings.

Quote:Really embarrassing to review the Jaguars when you have no knowledge of the team. I guarantee they came up with this rating by looking at final scores the past three weeks, lol.

Man it would be nice to have a .500 season, or just a little above to shut these idiots up.

Who cares?
I'll never understand how there can be so many threads on this message board trashing our players and saying how bad they are, then people getting upset by somebody's "power rankings".

Quote:Who cares?
You must care enough to comment
Quote:Really embarrassing to review the Jaguars when you have no knowledge of the team. I guarantee they came up with this rating by looking at final scores the past three weeks, lol.

Power rankings are usually just based on the past, not some projection into the future.    It's the safest and laziest way to create a power ranking.   Put New England at the top, put Seattle and Green Bay up there, and put the Jags, Titans, and Raiders at the bottom.    It's so easy.  
It's not about where you start in a "power ranking."

It's where you finish in the actual standings.

pre-season rankings... blah.

we've been a bad... really bad, team for quite some time now. You can't really blame anyone for not having a very optimistic view of the Jags at this point. The one thing... the only thing, that is going to change anyone's perception of the Jaguars is winning; winning a lot and winning convincingly.

Like I did once upon a time, take off your teal glasses and look at it from an unhomered point of view. Realisticly, what have we dine to warrant a higher ranking when we look at our overall body of work in the past few years. The fact is, we have a lot of really young anf still under development players that have not proved anything.
How many wins do you think until they stop saying its bc the other team played poor and not that we played well? I'm going to guess not even this season, would take like 10 or so good strong wins
Quote:How many wins do you think until they stop saying its bc the other team played poor and not that we played well? I'm going to guess not even this season, would take like 10 or so good strong wins

Yup. Probably won't be this season even if they win quite a few,, seeing how the Jags have 10 of their 16 games against the AFCS & NFCS.
Quote:Yup. Probably won't be this season even if they win quite a few,, seeing how the Jags have 10 of their 16 games against the AFCS & NFCS.
Probably right. We can sit around and ponder the situation until the cows come home... but the bottom line is going to remain the bottom line; we've gotta start winning regular season games to change anyone's mind about this team. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4