Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL executive compared Rahsad Greene to Antonio Brown (I'm bored so decided to post this)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/url]

From the article

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:16px;">Florida State wide receiver [url=http://247sports.com/Player/Rashad-Greene-691]Rashad Greene
 drew some lofty praise from an unnamed NFL personnel executive this week. According to an article on NFL.com, the executive compared Greene to Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:16px;">From the article: Many are calling Kelvin Benjamin one of the steals of the 2014 NFL Draft. One of his former Florida State receiving mates is starting to get some much-deserved attention of his own. "I know Rashad Greene isn't the biggest guy but he's an outstanding player," said an AFC personnel executive. "He reminds me a lot of Antonio Brown. He is so quick and has very strong hands."

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:16px;">"Unlike Benjamin, Greene lacks exceptional size. FSU lists him at 6-feet and 180 pounds, but his game is speed. While Benjamin received most of the attention last year for the Seminoles, Green actually had more receptions (76) and yards (1,128), and while most people remember Benjamin for his winning catch in the BCS title game, it was Greene who led FSU with nine receptions for 147 yards in that contest. He is considered the top senior receiver in the country and a case could be made for him being the best overall."

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:16px;">Greene will be without his quarterback Jameis Winston for the first half of Florida State's game against Clemson on Saturday.

I can see the comparison, while both guys lack elite long speed, they have really good short area burst, quickness, and good hands. As Greene matures into the slot role, there won't be too many 3rd corners that will be able to cover him.

Both "undersized" late round draft picks too. We can only wish Greene has a Brown-esque career
Antonio Brown?????

He good....

The Jags restructured Rashad's contract and gave him an additional $2M this year based on the merit of an anonymous personnel executive.

raweyejag

Wow you really were bored to go back to something someone said anonymously almost a year ago and I thought I trolled the web too much for Jaguar tidbits 

Hopefully he can be a good WR for us
That's high praise. I thought he reminded me more of Randall Cobb.
Rashad will be great here. 

Time for him to pull a hamstring since you posted this.

Quote:Time for him to pull a hamstring since you posted this.

Hes on his way to drink a beer with Blackmon.
Greene > Lee

i like what im seeing

I hate to show my ignorance, but there was a wide receiver against Detroit that looked really good, was that green? I think he had a number in the teens...
Yeah that was him.
He might have the best hands on the team.
This was before Browns breakout 2014 year.

Also they both have color last names. Very similar indeed...
Quote:He might have the best hands on the team.
He does. That's why I think he will eventually beat out Hurns for his spot.
Quote:Yeah that was him.

He's a baller
The executive was probably Caldwell....