Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: sorry about yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to say sorry to the board for my over reaction to the scobee trade yesterday. yes i am still sad by it,and will miss him. Its a done deal though,and nothing we can do about it except support our new kicker. 

I probbley over reacted a little bit yesterday with some things i might of said. I apolgize for that.  I accuttly needed one of those Jaguar pacfiers from the whineing,and crying i was doing about it yesterday. 

anyways its time to move on,and prepare ourselves for the regular season.  

We are fans,not owners,lets do our job,and support the team. no matter what.

It's okay...everyone has those kinds of days!!
I can certainly say that it was uncharacteristic of you. But it's normal too when you see a long time Jag move on. It's all good though, as Bunnie said, we all have em!!! 

I still cry like a baby when I watch the 1999 AFC Championship game. It's all good.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

From wikipedia about a sports fan

Sports is also a form of escapism, and being a fan gives one an excuse to yell at something, an activity that may be constrained in other areas of one's life

--------------------------------------

You have made a lot of progress today, so let's go out and get a hobby.

Smile

JK

shame on you! Tongue

It's all good Wolfman! Nothing wrong with having some fire and passion about your team. I remember the day I lost it when we weren't keeping Fred Taylor and Keenan McCardell.

All good snowie I had a hissy fit for almost a year when lost cox and knighton
Quote:All good snowie I had a hissy fit for almost a year when lost cox and knighton
"Had"?

Tongue
Quote:"Had"?

Tongue

Well I'm still a little bitter about it but marks has made me forgive and move on lol
Quote:All good snowie I had a hissy fit for almost a year when lost cox and knighton

These type of reactions were the norm for me as a Lions fan when Matt Millen was the G.M.  My reaction when the Lions gave the Browns a 4th Round pick for Ty Detmer was first shock,  then disbelief,  then anger.   Wallbash
Quote: These type of reactions were the norm for me as a Lions fan when Matt Millen was the G.M. My reaction when the Lions gave the Browns a 4th Round pick for Ty Detmer was first shock, then disbelief, then anger. Wallbash

There's a point where you just wonder if they make moves by flipping a coin or pulling names from a hat?
Quote:There's a point where you just wonder if they make moves by flipping a coin or pulling names from a hat?

Sometimes it feels that way.  

What made things worse though with the Lions in the Matt Millen- Marty Mornhinweg regime which lasted two seasons before the latter was fired is both were inexperienced.   If you have a G.M. w/o experience,  you absolutely need a Head Coach with experience in his role.  If you have an experienced HC,  an experienced G.M. is necessary.  

Regarding the Jaguars,  the one move that truly shocked me more than any was when Gene Smith selected Tyson Alualu with pick # 10.   I thought Alualu was going to be taken in the 2nd Round.   To Alualu's credit,  he's still with the team.   But to this day,  I don't understand that draft decision.  
Quote: Sometimes it feels that way.

What made things worse though with the Lions in the Matt Millen- Marty Mornhinweg regime which lasted two seasons before the latter was fired is both were inexperienced. If you have a G.M. w/o experience, you absolutely need a Head Coach with experience in his role. If you have an experienced HC, an experienced G.M. is necessary.

Regarding the Jaguars, the one move that truly shocked me more than any was when Gene Smith selected Tyson Alualu with pick # 10. I thought Alualu was going to be taken in the 2nd Round. To Alualu's credit, he's still with the team. But to this day, I don't understand that draft decision.

Welp. That doesn't bode well for Gus and Dave then...
Quote:  Sometimes it feels that way.  

What made things worse though with the Lions in the Matt Millen- Marty Mornhinweg regime which lasted two seasons before the latter was fired is both were inexperienced.   If you have a G.M. w/o experience,  you absolutely need a Head Coach with experience in his role.  If you have an experienced HC,  an experienced G.M. is necessary.  

Regarding the Jaguars,  the one move that truly shocked me more than any was when Gene Smith selected Tyson Alualu with pick # 10.   I thought Alualu was going to be taken in the 2nd Round.   To Alualu's credit,  he's still with the team.   But to this day,  I don't understand that draft decision.  

You can say that about a lot of Gene Smith's draft decisions.
I NEVER agonize when a player is released for whatever reason. It's a business to where it isn't our business to whom comes and goes. As fans all we can do is 

WISH for our favorite players to stay put and or be an addition to our team. I still don't like the fact of not being able to wear previous Jaguar player's jerseys that's no longer a Jaguar. My collection is multiplying...

NH3...

Quote:  Sometimes it feels that way.  

It was proven that that draft selection  was mandated by Mr. Weaver and not Gene Smith. It was an safe pick to where the previous first round picks were awful to the point of being a black eye for the team. Remember Mr. Weaver was secretly shopping the team for sale...

NH3...
Quote:Welp. That doesn't bode well for Gus and Dave then...

One major difference though is at least Dave Caldwell had plenty of NFL personnel front office experience when he was hired by the Jaguars.  Matt Millen was hired out of the FOX Broadcast booth. 
Quote:You can say that about a lot of Gene Smith's draft decisions.

I was reading the Jaguars preview in the  Pro Football Weekly Preview 2015 Magazine after I made my post.   When Bryan Anger was mentioned,  the first thing that writer Kevin Fishbain mentioned is Anger is still the target of jokes for being a 3rd Round pick. 

If Anger was drafted in the 5th Round,  I seriously doubt anyone would still even be mentioning Anger's draft spot.    There's no question he was overdrafted and that reflects that Gene Smith is a much better scout than he was an NFL GM.
Quote:It was proven that that draft selection  was mandated by Mr. Weaver and not Gene Smith. It was an safe pick to where the previous first round picks were awful to the point of being a black eye for the team. Remember Mr. Weaver was secretly shopping the team for sale...

NH3...

Even from the standpoint of what you mentioned,   I'm surprised the Jaguars didn't trade down from pick # 10.