Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF GRADES FOR JAGUARS-LIONS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

raweyejag

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Here are the top takeaways from Friday night’s Lions-Jaguars game, including the highest-graded players for each team:

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Lions:

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">–Watch out for the bull rush of DT Tyrunn Walker. He got another four hurries, and Jacksonville’s Zane Beadles was the latest guard to find out that once he gets into your pads, the idea of anchoring is easier than the execution.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">–QB Matthew Stafford had a solid game. Without big-play WR Calvin Johnson in the lineup, he didn’t do an awful lot long, but he highlighted his readiness for the new year with a pinpoint throw that led to a Golden Tate touchdown and a defensive back falling face-first to the turf.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">–DE Phillip Hunt isn’t a former first-round pick, but he sure beat up on one. He turned 23 rushes into three hits and one hurry, including one hard to watch (if you’re a Jaguars fan) bull rush that saw him spring Jags LT Luke Joeckel like a coil.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Top 5 graded players:

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">DT Tyrunn Walker (+3.1)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">S Isa Abdul-Quddus (+2.8)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">S Isaiah Johnson (+2.5)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">WR Golden Tate (+2.0)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">DT Kerry Hyder (+1.7)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Jaguars:

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">— It’s preseason, and Blake Bortles is once again looking like a star QB in August. He was simply fantastic Friday night, and his stat line didn’t do it justice. His ball placement on the deeper and intermediate throws was outstanding.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">— Third-year leap for LT Luke Joeckel? Not giving the struggles he had with Phillip Hunt. He should be better than this by now, and while it’s just preseason, it’s a big concern that a second overall pick is giving up so much pressure to second-stringers. Allowing three hits and two more hurries is not good enough.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">— The Jaguars roll deep on their defensive line, but if rookie Michael Bennett can practice like he plays then the sixth-rounder might find himself getting some Year One snaps. He had the highest grade on defense.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Top 5 graded players:

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">QB Blake Bortles (+5.7)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">TE Clay Harbor (+2.5)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">DT Michael Bennett (+1.6)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">C Stefen Wisniewski (+1.5)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">S Sergio Brown (+1.4)

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ars-lions/

Thanks for posting these.

Can't wait to see Bortles and our passing game week 1.  Nice to see he is not only passing the eye test, but is getting recognized with stats from PFF also.

Fantastic

Sergio Brown has been better than I expected

Quote:Sergio Brown has been better than I expected

He has the best range of any Jag FS since Reggie Nelson, I like him.

Agreed. I think he has shown up on a couple of these lists so far.

He and Parnell have really looked pretty good the preseason.

The thing about Sergio is that he always seems to be in position, at least this preseason, which is something we haven't had from a free safety in a while.
That's great about Bennett. He's someone I'd like to see take a bigger role in the D-line.

HURNS !!!

I agree. I think he can at the very least hold the fort back there for a while.

He never seems lost, which is more than I can say for the past half dozen seasons at that position.
Quote:HURNS !!!

I think you mean Allen Hurst?
Quote:I think you mean Allen Hurst?

No, it's Allen living with a hernsia
Quote:He has the best range of any Jag FS since Reggie Nelson, I like him.

I'm confused. Best range since the guy who was sent away because of performance?

raweyejag

We have not had good S play for a while
Clay Harbor is quietly playing pretty well, other than his 2 or so drops.
Reggie Nelson was traded and now starts for the Bengals. He had a couple of issues with the Jags. One was that guys tended to break his tackles and the other was seeming mental mistakes. Range was never an issue. the Bengals seemed to be using his skill set better.

I wonder what Beadles grade was considering how awful he played.

I like Harbor a lot . He tends to get open pretty often. I wish he was a little more consistent with his hands though. 

If Thomas misses time, Harbor has the ability to perform well for a few games.

Pages: 1 2