Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles sits out Thursday night against Washington, right? (merged topics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I haven't seen or heard anything in local media. I would imagine that he, Denard, Allen Robinson, Marcedes, Linder, Parnell, Odrick and Poz join him.

I hope so. He's ready for week 1.

A major injury would be awful.
Sit the first team we don't have decent depth on. The rest probably need the play time.

I can't imagine a second year QB coming off of a less than stellar first season would completely sit out any tune-up game.
Quote:I can't imagine a second year QB coming off of a less than stellar first season would completely sit out any tune-up game.

Then he gets blind sided by Ryan Kerrigan and is out week 1.

Blake Bortles is ready to play week 1. He can sit and watch and learn from the sideline.
We have one more game of preseason shinanagins..

Chenne will shock the world!!
Quote:Then he gets blind sided by Ryan Kerrigan and is out week 1.

Blake Bortles is ready to play week 1. He can sit and watch and learn from the sideline.

What's he learning from the sideline? The beer prices?
Starters typically play only the first series in the fourth preseason game. I can't imagine the Jaguars exposing him to much more than that.

Don't like the Redskins and they always play dirty with cheap-shots. Don't want to see Bortles out there at all, and would rather him be in bubble wrap for the Panthers. What is half of the 1st Quarter really going to do? He's prepared for the season. Be smart and not risk a injury in a meaningless game.

I wouldn't play him, but that's just me. He will prob play a couple series.
Quote:What's he learning from the sideline? The beer prices?

Yeah, dude.
Quote:Don't like the Redskins and they always play dirty with cheap-shots. Don't want to see Bortles out there at all, and would rather him be in bubble wrap for the Panthers. What is half of the 1st Quarter really going to do? He's prepared for the season. Be smart and not risk a injury in a meaningless game.

How is he going to learn the beer prices if he does play?!
Quote:Sit the first team we don't have decent depth on. The rest probably need the play time.

On offense I agree except for Yeldon since he just got his feet wet last week and Joekel since his backup Wells went on IR. Wink

The defensive starters need more reps with a few exceptions and should probably play a couple series.

Quote:How is he going to learn the beer prices if he does play?!
He'll have to show up early for work on Monday and put in some extra time on the beer list with the inebriation coach.

Quote:On offense I agree except for Yeldon since he just got his feet wet last week and Joekel since his backup Wells went on IR. Wink

The defensive starters need more reps with a few exceptions and should probably play a couple series.
I think losing Wells would make it all the more important that Joeckel get out of the game while the getting's good. Let Bowanko, Young and Pasztor take plenty of live reps at that spot.

Even on defense, I think we're to the point where the sooner starters come out, the better. Why risk injuring a starter in the fourth preseason game, which is more about figuring out who the last 5 spots on the roster will be filled by than it is about getting live reps for your starters? If Telvin went down with a torn ACL on the second series of the fourth preseason game, I'd be pretty crushed--and so would our defense.
Maintain status quo. Respect the process. Bortles n co play one series. Quick live warm up after the road trip. Then pull em.

On D, 1s play based on Skins approach. If their 1s offer 1 qtr challenge, respond to it with your 1s...
Yeah I think Gus would have Bortles do one drive to start the game due to it being his 2nd year in the league, but I kind of hope he doesnt (i would hate to see Bortles get injured before the season even starts)!

Quote:What's he learning from the sideline? The beer prices?

If it keeps him healthy...yes.
Quote:We have one more game of preseason shinanagins..

Chenne will shock the world!!

Henne has already shocked the world by remaining in the NFL for 8 years with all of his limitations at the QB position.
I'm guessing 1 maybe 2 series.

[Image: I0vxgmB.jpg?1]

We should sacrifice Henne. Not Bortles.
Pages: 1 2 3 4