Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: RIP Wes Craven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wes Craven, the famed writer-director of horror films known for the Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream movies, died Sunday after a battle with brain cancer. He was 76.

Craven, whose iconic Freddy Krueger character horrified viewers for years, died at his home in Los Angeles, his family announced.

Craven claimed to have gotten the idea for Elm Street when living next to a cemetery on a street of that name when growing up in the suburbs of Cleveland. His five Nightmare on Elm Street films were released from 1984-89.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/we...ies-818806
Sad news he was a great story teller. 

WHAT? Man, he was quite the storyteller. I loved the Freddy movies. The Scream movies weren't too shabby either, for what they were.

Sad...very sad. RIP
RIP Mr. Craven. Favorite Wes Craven movie? Mine is The Serpent and the Rainbow.
Damn...

Quote:RIP Mr. Craven. Favorite Wes Craven movie? Mine is The Serpent and the Rainbow.

"Don't bury me, I'm not dead yet!"
I may have to go rewatch the original Nightmare movie this week.

RIP

Quote:RIP Mr. Craven. Favorite Wes Craven movie? Mine is The Serpent and the Rainbow.

It never ceases to amaze me how few people remember this movie. It's in my horror Top 5!

RIP Mr. Craven!
Quote:It never ceases to amaze me how few people remember this movie. It's in my horror Top 5!

RIP Mr. Craven!

Supposedly a true story. Love that movie.
I don't think I've ever seen a bad Wes Craven horror movie. Well, maybe except for My Soul To Take... but whatever. One of the greatest horror directors of all-time! Gonna have a Wes Craven marathon this coming weekend.

Quote:It never ceases to amaze me how few people remember this movie. It's in my horror Top 5!

RIP Mr. Craven!

Quote:Supposedly a true story. Love that movie.
The Serpent and the Rainbow, The People Under the Stairs, and Shocker all super underrated.
It's somewhat ironic that I just watched Dream Warriors this past weekend...randomly and out of nowhere.

Now, I make no bones about being a HUGE Clive Barker fanboy, but I'd definitely say Wes was my 1B to Clive's 1A.

RIP.  The guy knew how to write a great story.

Quote:The Serpent and the Rainbow, The People Under the Stairs, and Shocker all super underrated.
The People Under the Stairs freaked out. I refused to go anywhere near a stairwell of any kind for a long time. 

Kind of like the X Files episode, "Home". I just didn't want to look under a bed for a long time after that.
Quote:I don't think I've ever seen a bad Wes Craven horror movie. Well, maybe except for My Soul To Take... but whatever. One of the greatest horror directors of all-time! Gonna have a Wes Craven marathon this coming weekend.
Netflix has the Scream movies and ANOES parts 1 & 2.