Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wayne Brady: Vulgarity Isn't A Talent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Video I appreciate what he has to say here. He touched on quite a few things that make sense. One of them being that a comedian has the right to say the most vulgar, nasty, racist, horrible things and see those things explode on social media, but they need to be prepared to deal with the blowback they'll receive.

Another thing was when these comedians get mad because people don't like what they said and comment about it and the comedian is like- Well you have to accept what I said. Wayne's comment was- No, I don't. The rest of the comment to that is perfect. I'd paraphrase it but it wouldn't do it justice. You'll just have to watch the video.

It made me think of the post about the frat house that had the tasteless 'jokes' hanging from their balcony and people here up in arms that their freedom of speech was being impeded. There is freedom of speech but not freedom from the consequences of what you say. And that goes for everyone in any situation. You have the freedom to speak to your spouse/partner/kids however you want but there will be consequences. We are so hell bent on our 'rights' or being right that we never think about the consequences of our actions. 

<p style="margin:1em auto;color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'source-sans-pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;background-color:rgb(244,242,242);">"Comedian Wayne Brady was approached by a children’s charity to judge a clean comedy competition made up of duos.

<p style="margin:1em auto;color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'source-sans-pro', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;background-color:rgb(244,242,242);">Later in the interview Wayne Brady is asked a more serious question: Do comedians cross the line in their humor? Brady has a very down to earth answer that I’m sure someone, somewhere will take offense and start a crusade on twitter."

Sounds like Wayne Brady had'da choke a  [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Quote:Sounds like Wayne Brady had'da choke a  [BAD WORD REMOVED].

I almost posted that skit when I read this yesterday. I knew someone would reference it and I'm glad you did not disappoint me.