Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: STEP YOUR GAME UP MAN!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These are players that really need to show something.

The Joke Joeckle:   Tired of seeing this guy get knocked on his cornhole or ran back in the QB.  This is the second overall pick and has played like a bum in the pass protection game.

Andre Branch: (probably cut)  He is mr invisible. Most of the time you don't even know he is on the filed because he does nothing.  Stiff as a board

TJ Yeldon:  I know it was his first action but he went nowhere beyond the LOS.  One catch and run was his highlight real.  The only memorable play was him getting rocked at the goal line. 

The whole defensive line:  QB's are falling asleep in the pocket.  Bradley better start calling blitzes cause this dline isn't sacking anyone.

Aaron Colvin:  I haven't seen anything impressive this preseason.  He got slapped like a red headed step child against Golden Tate for the long TD.  I for one maybe had my expectations too high for him but believe him to be a real playmaker.  The whole defense has 0 ints.

Good thing you didn't post in the dozens of existing Joeckel threads

I have a feeling that opposing defense are going to have to start really game planning for Bortles. No more concentrating only on the run game. Which in turn, could move those stacked boxes to the outside and give the running game a chance to succeed. Might take a few games for everything to start slowing down for Yeldon.

But it all starts with Bortles..
Quote:Good thing you didn't post in the dozens of existing Joeckel threads
I didn't realize he was the focus on this topic.
TJ is the GOAT. The way he persuaded the refs to give us a TD was amazing. Really looking forward to get TD's that aren't really TD's.

You do realize the lions stacked 8-9 in the box when TJ was in there? Couple that with Beadles getting destroyed and you have a the reason why he didn't do much.

Quote:You do realize the lions stacked 8-9 in the box when TJ was in there? Couple that with Beadles getting destroyed and you have a the reason why he didn't do much.
Yea Yeldon was running into a break wall, there was no where to run 
While this is preseason and very little game planning is going the other teams all know we had zero passing attack last year so even in preseason they plan to take away the run.  This has undoubtedly helped Bortles considerably the last 3 games and hurt our chances at a run game.  As Bortles continues to shred other teams that will change for the benefit of Yeldon. 

I don't know why so many people think Andre Branch is getting cut.  I think that Gus and Dave like him and that he will be going nowhere.  

Quote:I don't know why so many people think Andre Branch is getting cut. I think that Gus and Dave like him and that he will be going nowhere.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if he was cut.
Quote:I have a feeling that opposing defense are going to have to start really game planning for Bortles. No more concentrating only on the run game. Which in turn, could move those stacked boxes to the outside and give the running game a chance to succeed. Might take a few games for everything to start slowing down for Yeldon.

But it all starts with Bortles..

My take is a key reason why the Lions stacked the box often to try to limit the Jaguars running game was because so many of the Lions front seven players were sidelined with injuries for this game.     The strategy to limit the Jaguars rushing game worked,  in part because of the stacked boxes and in part because of winning matchups against the run.  But that still wasn't enough because of the Jaguars excellence on 3rd Down execution in the passing game.   

While T.J. Yeldon certainly has plenty of upside potential ,  there's no question that in a regular season situation,  I think Defensive Coordinators need to focus on Blake Bortles above all else when playing the Jaguars Offense.   

Criminy, some of you people are functionally [BLEEP].

Quote:TJ is the GOAT. The way he persuaded the refs to give us a TD was amazing. Really looking forward to get TD's that aren't really TD's.

While either Stephen Tulloch or Travis Lewis could well have forced a fumble before T.J. Yeldon got to the plane of the end zone,  I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn the call.
Why can't we have everyone play better all the time? I for one won't be happy until every player is achieving full consistency on every play of every game.
holy overreaction...

the fans don't need to step up their game, they are in mid season panic mode!

Quote:You do realize the lions stacked 8-9 in the box when TJ was in there? Couple that with Beadles getting destroyed and you have a the reason why he didn't do much.

Exactly. I'm not so worried about TJ as I am the Jaguars ability to run block. Last year they stunk at run blocking, and I'm not really seeing any improvement.

Quote:
Quote:  While either Stephen Tulloch or Travis Lewis could well have forced a fumble before T.J. Yeldon got to the plane of the end zone,  I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn the call.

That's what I'm thinking as it was really close. When the freeze framed the side view, it looked like the ball had just left his hand mere inches before the goalline, but they probably needed more perspective to be sure.

Given the Hurns sideline catch and the TJ TD, I'm wondering if Khan might have had a little talk with the refs before the game saying "it's only preseason" while slipping them a little something.

Quote:Exactly. I'm not so worried about TJ as I am the Jaguars ability to run block. Last year they stunk at run blocking, and I'm not really seeing any improvement.
Did you not watch the first two preseason games?

Our run blocking was getting plenty of push against both the steelers and the giants. We struggled against Detroit but they were the #1 rushing defense in the league last year and our best interior lineman injured his foot the second play of the game.

You would have to be blind not to see improvement in our run blocking.
Quote:That's what I'm thinking as it was really close. When the freeze framed the side view, it looked like the ball had just left his hand mere inches before the goalline, but they probably needed more perspective to be sure.

Given the Hurns sideline catch and the TJ TD, I'm wondering if Khan might have had a little talk with the refs before the game saying "it's only preseason" while slipping them a little something.

That play probably would have remained a fumble if the call was ruled a fumble on the field.  Considering how close the play was,  it's hard to find fault with what transpired.

As for the 2nd thing you mentioned,  after what occurred in Jerry Jones' stadium during the Lions-Cowboys playoff game,  if I believed in football conspiracy theories,  you wouldn't have to sell me on that one.
Pages: 1 2