Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok.

I'm seeking the boards' help in assessing our top 11 players.

There are caveats:

Injuries don't matter.

It's the best 11 RIGHT NOW. No projecting how good players will be. (Sorry Blake!)

The backups and positions matter. If there is depth at the position, the player loses importance. A DE is more important than a Guard of comparable skill level.(Sorry Brandon!)

3 tiers

2-Indispensible

3-Key

6-Core

My 11

Sen'Derrick Marks

Jermey Parnell

Teal Julius

Blake Bottles

Telvin Smith

AR15

A.A. Hurns

Brandon Linder

Scobee

McCray

Sergio Brown

What say you?
Well, there's the big six from the 2014 draft, as in Bortles, ARob, Linder, Tevin Smith and Colvin along with the undrafted Hurns. Then you have the top new FAs in Julius Thomas, Parnell, Odrick and House. And finally a few old timers in Marks, McCray, Poz and Scobee.

Oops, that's 14.

The above players are not listed in any particular order, but that's roughly my thoughts.

I'm tempted to include Yeldon, Fowler and Sample, but you said no ranking on potential. Actually, that "potential" requirement may rule out Colvin and Telvin as well.

I'll give shout outs to Marcedes and Clemons, but they don't quite make the list. I'm shocked that you're including Sergio Brown as I don't even project him to be a starter come November.

Quote:Well, there's the big six from the 2014 draft, as in Bortles, ARob, Linder, Tevin Smith and Colvin along with the undrafted Hurns. Then you have the top new FAs in Julius Thomas, Parnell, Odrick and House. And finally a few old timers in Marks, McCray, Poz and Scobee.

Oops, that's 14.

The above players are not listed in any particular order, but that's roughly my thoughts.

I'm tempted to include Yeldon, Fowler and Sample, but you said no ranking on potential. Actually, that "potential" requirement may rule out Colvin and Telvin as well.

I'll give shout outs to Marcedes and Clemons, but they don't quite make the list. I'm shocked that you're including Sergio Brown as I don't even project him to be a starter come November.
I don't know about Sergio either. He's played well in the pre-season and has helped out our corners, but we haven't seen enough yet. Who do we have to replace him though? Do you think Sample will become a beast by November?
Bortles

Sen'Derrick 

Julius Thomas

McCray

Parnell

Marcedes/Linder (We have depth at TE, but he impressed me last night)

Yeldon

Brown

Telvin

Hurns

AR15

I wanted to put ARob as a key player, but his drops have been sad to watch. I've lost a bit of trust after watching him these last few weeks, and he is a core player at the moment. He is no better than Hurns or Lee at this point, and Hurns is playing 10x better. He'll have to prove himself again to become a key player.

Quote:I don't know about Sergio either. He's played well in the pre-season and has helped out our corners, but we haven't seen enough yet. Who do we have to replace him though? Do you think Sample will become a beast by November?

Indeed that is my gut feeling about Sample, although that's purely my impression from coachspeak.

Bortles, Thomas, Parnell, Marks, Linder, A. Robinson, Poz, Smith, D.Robinson, Lewis, Scobee
If one of your tiers is 'indispensable' And you saw the state of our offense without Blake, I think you almost have to put him there.
Mine is similar to Sosa's

Bortles

Sen'Derrick

Julius Thomas

McCray

Parnell

Linder

Telvin

Hurns

AR15

Colvin

Odrick