Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Branch to miss significant time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So Branch to miss significant time. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but this guy has done squat except take up space. Who are you interested in stepping in? It would be great to see Smith get a legit start.

Branch out

Any defensive ends that come available in free agency, specifically from Seattle or Atlanta, I'm sure we will take a look at.

We need Marks back bad, because we have no one that can win 1 on 1 match ups
I'm going to guess here, but I don't think that there is anyone else available that equals or exceeds Branch's level of play.

Cut him, and try to find someone worth a crap.  I think Chris Smith would take advantage of his playing time.

Quote:I'm going to guess here, but I don't think that there is anyone else available that equals or exceeds Branch's level of play.
I don't know, my grandmother is unsigned...
I know a lot of you disliked him, but we're even weaker without him. As weird as that sounds. If anyone else gets hurt we're screwed.

Quote:I don't know, my grandmother is unsigned...
Atleast a training dummy.
Help is not on the way people.

With that said it's likely we'll pick someone up due to the lack of depth now at the position.

Marcus Smith could be a name to keep an eye out for. He's been miscasted in Philly's defense and rumored to be on the roster bubble but is the prototypical LEO edge rush.
Quote:Help is not on the way people.

With that said it's likely we'll pick someone up due to the lack of depth now at the position.

Marcus Smith could be a name to keep an eye out for. He's been miscasted in Philly's defense and rumored to be on the roster bubble but is the prototypical LEO edge rush.

yeah, help is not on the way.

who knows, maybe someone "sticks" from the waiver wire, and maybe someone else steps up that's already on the roster, but it doesn't look good.
Dang we were just about to start scheming him some sacks.
Quote:I know a lot of you disliked him, but we're even weaker without him. As weird as that sounds. If anyone else gets hurt we're screwed.

That's because so many were banking on Fowler, Clemons, or both.

That makes three guys who aren't contributing, or at least can't if they wanted to.
Imagine if we had Dante Fowler Jr. available.

It is painfully obvious to me now how appropriate it was to draft him first. I really wanted Amari or Kevin White, but there are/were so many holes to fill. We have zero pass rush right now. Next year we will get essentially 2 first round picks and have a legitimate pass rusher. It just sucks to feel like our defense needs another draft to be anywhere near effective. Because right now, they are a liability. We are going to have to rely on our offense to outscore our opponents. Let it fly Bortles.

Quote:Dang we were just about to start scheming him some sacks.

Its ok High Score. He's gone for the time being. I'm sure we'll be leading the league in sacks now that he's out of the way.
Quote:Imagine if we had Dante Fowler Jr. available.

It is painfully obvious to me now how appropriate it was to draft him first. I really wanted Amari or Kevin White, but there are/were so many holes to fill. We have zero pass rush right now. Next year we will get essentially 2 first round picks and have a legitimate pass rusher. It just sucks to feel like our defense needs another draft to be anywhere near effective. Because right now, they are a liability. We are going to have to rely on our offense to outscore our opponents. Let it fly Bortles.
Its amazing that Gus and crew have been able to get away with a patch job defense for so long. He definitely deserves some credit. The only real investment on the defensive side has been made to the secondary. The LB group has barely been touched and the D-Line has been filled with older vets and cast offs since the new regime has taken over. Its clearly obvious why Caldwell felt compelled to take the best pass rusher available this year.
Quote:Its ok High Score. He's gone for the time being. I'm sure we'll be leading the league in sacks now that he's out of the way.

I'd settle for being below average instead of abysmal.
Oh no, not Branch. Welp, there goes the season
No big loss. Aldon Smith is still available

Quote:No big loss. Aldon Smith is still available
Maybe the Cowboys will take a sixth-round pick for Greg Hardy while we're at it.
One guy that might be interesting is Willie Young from the Bears. He has no position there now with their transition to a 34 but he is also coming off an Achilles injury.
CHAMPIONSHIP!

wait.....

PANIC!!!!

I just don't know what to do here.... :no:

Pages: 1 2 3