Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pro Football Talk talking trash about Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No surprise here, even though Blake did well tonight, they are not ready to show any love.

"Otherwise, you’d be inclined to think the Jaguars might be good at football this year."

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/28/break-up-the-jaguars-blake-bortles-looking-impressive-in-preseason/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/28/break-up-the-jaguars-blake-bortles-looking-impressive-in-preseason/</a>
Wait I don't see the trash talking?

I thought the article was fair. They did say Bortles and the offense looked impressive. They are right when they say it's just preseason and we shouldn't over react.
How was that talking trash? Anybody with eyes knows this team is a year away from really contending. This year is like a wash.
Its subtle. The article starts out talking about BB looked impressive, then stated they would temper expectaions, because "Otherwise, you’d be inclined to think the Jaguars might be good at football this year."

They are basically saying we suck regardless of Bortles' performance tonight
I think it's a positive article considering. They almost want to think we'd be a good team but then again we have to show it when it matters and until then it's just same ole Jaguars.

The only way to change them from thinking we are scum is to win.  They vowed never to think we were good again after they thought we'd win the Super Bowl in the 2008 season.

Quote:Its subtle. The article starts out talking about BB looked impressive, then stated they would temper expectaions, because "Otherwise, you’d be inclined to think the Jaguars might be good at football this year."

They are basically saying we suck regardless of Bortles' performance tonight
To be fair to them...

We do suck outside of Bortles for the most part - at least in this game.

Drops by WR's & TE's, O-line whiffing, no pressure on D, DB's getting burned.
On second thought it ended sounding more positive. I just had an issue with the one line, about the Jags not being a good team. It will obviously take more than a few preseason games to convince everyone that we're not the same Jaguars.
You can't change doubter opinions from unbiased fans in the Preseason. But like everyone else they seem to be Pro-Bortles and anti-Jaguars is all.

Quote:To be fair to them...

We do suck outside of Bortles for the most part - at least in this game.

Drops by WR's & TE's, O-line whiffing, no pressure on D, DB's getting burned.

Did the TEs drop passes? I was thinking that Marcedes, Jacobs and Harbor caught everything thrown their way aside from one pass where the defender got his hand in to knock down a Henne pass intended for Jacobs. I woudn't call that one a drop though. In all these three TEs caught 8 passes for 123 yard. Add Julius to the mix and TE is clearly the strength of the Jaguars offense.

Quote:Did the TEs drop passes? I was thinking that Marcedes, Jacobs and Harbor caught everything thrown their way aside from one pass where the defender got his hand in to knock down a Henne pass intended for Jacobs. I woudn't call that one a drop though. In all these three TEs caught 8 passes for 123 yard. Add Julius to the mix and TE may be the strength of the Jaguars offense.

Harbor dropped one on the opening drive.
Quote:Did the TEs drop passes? I was thinking that Marcedes, Jacobs and Harbor caught everything thrown their way aside from one pass where the defender got his hand in to knock down a Henne pass intended for Jacobs. I woudn't call that one a drop though. In all these three TEs caught 8 passes for 123 yard. Add Julius to the mix and TE is clearly the strength of the Jaguars offense.
I recall Harbor dropping one.
I just have to things to say:

- Start winning and they will all talk about how they saw the improvement coming

- Who cares what the self-appointed experts say???????????????????????????????

The team has been [BLEEP] awful for almost a decade. Benefit of the doubt won't be given.
Actually, I thought the article did a fine job of giving the Jags a backhanded complement.  The offense HAS looked good (in preseason).

The jilted Jags girlfriend should not ever read PFT. It just won't end well for them.

The things that get generated on this board nowadays that cause so much nerd rage!! 

It was a legit article and comment. 

It is only preseason

I repeat it is only preseason

but

Blake Borltes is ranked 3rd overall in Passing in the NFL

the Jaguars passing is ranked 4th in Passing in the NFL

and total offense is ranked 14th in the NFL

what a gigantic improvement from last season!

keep it going, Go Jaguars!

The article was fine, but the comments are cancer. I think that's what he's talking about.

Pages: 1 2