Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rotoworld: "Bortles continues solid Preseason"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Blake Bortles continues solid preseason

Blake Bortles | JAC

(August 28, 2015 10:42 PM EDT)

Blake Bortles completed 20-of-29 passes for 245 yards and a touchdown in Jacksonville's third preseason game.

He added four carries for 38 yards. Borltes made some nice throws to Allen Hurns, including a 13-yard play-action touchdown. He would have had another touchdown, but Allen Robinson dropped a pass in the end zone. Bortles has put together a solid preseason, competing 39-of-60 passes for 461 yards and a touchdown through three games. Bortles has potential to be a streaming option in redraft leagues.

Wait what?
bortles is a BEAST in the preseason

Blake's qb rating for this game 106.3, but again featured several drops including four by ARob. Had ARob just caught that last one which he might of if he wasn't ailing from the prior play, Bortles would have had a 122.1 qb rating.

Meanwhile, Henne, who basically handed the game to the Lions, finished 8 of 12 for 62 yards, which amounts to a 79.2 qb rating. However, qb rating don't account for fumbles. To more closely reflect what he did, if you were to call his lost fuble an INT, his qb rating would be a 44.4.

Quote:Blake's qb rating for this game 106.3, but again featured several drops including four by ARob. Had ARob just caught that last one which he might of if he wasn't ailing from the prior play, Bortles would have had a 122.1 qb rating.

Meanwhile, Henne, who basically handed the game to the Lions, finished 8 of 12 for 62 yards, which amounts to a 79.2 qb rating. However, qb rating don't account for fumbles. To more closely reflect what he did, if you were to call his lost fuble an INT, his qb rating would be a 44.4.

Once he dropped that TD pass, it really made me realize why he was still in there.  Didn't make sense.  He was already stinking up the joint, and then he hurt himself.  
i wonder how gabbert is doing in preseason

Oh my...

I just looked at Stafford's qb rating for the game. He finished with a 150.8. That's close to perfect.

Quote:Wait what?

Guess it's a bit harder to fabricate when the game is nationally televised?
39-of-60 passes for 461 yards and a touchdown with 12 or more of those incompletions being drops and he should easily have 3 or 4 more touchdowns and up to 100 more yards. Crazy.

Quote:Blake's qb rating for this game 106.3, but again featured several drops including four by ARob. Had ARob just caught that last one which he might of if he wasn't ailing from the prior play, Bortles would have had a 122.1 qb rating.

What would it be if they accounted for his INT that was nullified b/c of defensive holding??
Quote:What would it be if they accounted for his INT that was nullified b/c of defensive holding??

That's tough to say because what about the completions he had after that play?

Oh we know Henne sucks!
Quote:Oh we know Henne sucks!

Yeah, we know it, so much that some of my friends call him Chad Hoover.
Quote:i wonder how gabbert is doing in preseason
Pretty good actually.
I'm glad he got some praise after last nights game. He's looking solid in preseason, just hope he brings it to the regular season too.

Quote:39-of-60 passes for 461 yards and a touchdown with 12 or more of those incompletions being drops and he should easily have 3 or 4 more touchdowns and up to 100 more yards. Crazy.

What's even crazier our number 2 target Thomas didn't play.. Plus yeldon just made his debut yesterday.. So this offense is good d the defense is not as good.. Next year is when fowler returns. Well be 8-8 9-7 this year.. Next year is where we take off..