Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When Did We Acquire Drew Brees As Our QB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Seriously, that's how good Bortles looked in the 1st half. It's night and day differences from last year. The passes were all spot on, and he showed that he can make big plays when he needs to with his feet. I loved the aggressiveness of going for it on 4th and goal. Enough with the conservative play-calling, let's be greedy with points from now on. I know it's only the preseason, but it's such a breath of fresh air to see our offense march down the field against an opposing defense and having a QB showing lots of confidence. A lot needs to be improved on the defensive side of the ball, but hopefully we can all agree that this was a very positive first half, and Bortles and the offense have significantly improved.

Here's some quotes from the Lions MB about Bortles and the Jags:

"That Bortles looks like the real deal tho..."

"I really hope our TEs are taking notes when Jax is on the field..."

"We're getting ripped apart by the LAST ranked QB last season"

"Bortles carving our secondary up."

"We are actually outgaining Jax right now."

"This guy hurns is shutting our mouth tonight."

"I swear they have converted every 3rd down."

"Jax should just take a knee on 1st and 2nd down so they can get right to 3rd down and the guaranteed 15 yard gain."

I'm really looking forward to D6's thoughts on this game.

You can post this to the other Bortles thread.

Again, he's more Tony Romo than Drew Brees.

Feels good to read the other teams mb posters giving respect.

Lions were an 11 win team last year.

We out played them in general.

Noone knows what would of happened if it were a regular season game tho...

It is what it is...

My eyes tell me we are much improved and should win a respectable amount of games
He looked great. My only concern this preseason is when he is really pressured. At times he makes stupid throws like he did last year. Other times he is cool, calm and collected when under the same pressure. He'll improve in that area as he gains more confidence and experience.

I see Bortles as more of a Brett Favre-type quarterback in a sense that he's absolutely not afraid to take chances and he's extremely crafty with his mobility behind the line of scrimmage.

I'm just hoping he can be half as good.

Quote:I see Bortles as more of a Brett Favre-type quarterback in a sense that he's absolutely not afraid to take chances and he's extremely crafty with his mobility behind the line of scrimmage.

I'm just hoping he can be half as good.
I agree but I am more in tune with a cross between Favre and big Ben. I love a quarterback that will put it on the line running to get the first down. Always hated when a QB slides a one yard short  of the first down marker. By putting it all on the line is how you gain respect from your team mates. I live in south FL and have opening day tickets can't wait for game day! 
There's a certain line from Pulp Fiction that I can't even remotely say that I think is the perfect reaction to this thread title.

I'm sure a few of you probably know what that line is.

Quote:There's a certain line from Pulp Fiction that I can't even remotely say that I think is the perfect reaction to this thread title.

I'm sure a few of you probably know what that line is.

"Bring out the gimp"
Quote:He looked great. My only concern this preseason is when he is really pressured. At times he makes stupid throws like he did last year. Other times he is cool, calm and collected when under the same pressure. He'll improve in that area as he gains more confidence and experience.

I haven't seen that.
Quote:I haven't seen that.

Can't say I remember one stupid throw the preseason.
He put that ball in some amazing spots....and the receivers caught 'em.

I saw a confident and aware quarterback.

Pretty soon people will be comparing other QB's to Blake Bortles, not the other way around.

He'd look better if they'd let the WRs use pine tar on their hands.

Quote:He'd look better if they'd let the WRs use pine tar on their hands.
Nah, the wr's needs to got to the jerry rice school of cheating and use stick'em. lol. 
I have a source that tells me Superman wears Blake Bortles underwear.
When the boogeyman goes to bed, he puts on a nightlight to keep Blake Bortles away.
Chuck Norris wets his pants when he sees Blake Bortles. Of course, at his age, it could just be incontinence ....

Pages: 1 2