Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tropical Storm Erika
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Are you prepared? It looks like we'll be getting lots of rain and heavy wind gusts. Could be widespread flooding and power outages.
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://imgflip.com/i/q8jux'>[Image: q8jux.jpg]</a>

I live in Cape Coral, so looks like it'll be a direct hit for us. Not to worried though after going through charley already.
Hurricane parties rock..
An appropriate "welcome home" as I'm scheduled to arrive on Tuesday in the U-Haul after 14 years away from home. 

Gonna try to make it on Monday night and hope I beat the heavy stuff. 

We're doomed.

Storm Erika Likely to Weaken or Collapse Saturday, NHC Says

Tropical Storm Erika, which killed at least 20 people on the Caribbean island of Dominica, weakened and is forecast to fall to a tropical depression Saturday or dissipate as it crosses the mountains of Hispaniola, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...y-nhc-says

LOL op must not be a Floridian of birth. This thing is silly. 

Quote:LOL op must not be a Floridian of birth. This thing is silly.

Born and raised. I vividly remember 2004 when the four back to back hurricanes eventually caused the big oak in my back yard to go thru my roof.
It's going to miss. Book it.
not worried about the storm I am worried about the rain. My road is almost washed out from all the rain this past month. If we get to much to fast I won't be going to work next week. Already had to pull two people out of the road this week, almost got stuck myself the last time.

If directions to your house include the phrase "Turn off paved road".........

I need shopping advice outside the obvious bottled water. Assuming the fridge goes out, need some good pantry food.
Quote:I need shopping advice outside the obvious bottled water. Assuming the fridge goes out, need some good pantry food.

Beer.
Quote:Beer.

And more beer.
The media blows all this stuff out of proportion. There's not much to prepare for when it comes to a tropical storm.

Quote:The media blows all this stuff out of proportion. There's not much to prepare for when it comes to a tropical storm.

Say it isn't so.
Quote:I need shopping advice outside the obvious bottled water. Assuming the fridge goes out, need some good pantry food.
Just have a few days worth of water it doesn't go bad and you'll use it eventually anyways. If you have flashlights make sure they have batteries and a good working radio. Don't worry about it to much a tropical storm I doubt most even lose power.

My only worry is the amount of rain hopefully it blows over fast if she just sits over the state it may take a day or two for my road to dry up.
Quote:Just have a few days worth of water it doesn't go bad and you'll use it eventually anyways. If you have flashlights make sure they have batteries and a good working radio. Don't worry about it to much a tropical storm I doubt most even lose power.

My only worry is the amount of rain hopefully it blows over fast if she just sits over the state it may take a day or two for my road to dry up.

Don't forget... beer.
She's not even a tropical storm anymore.

Now a "remnant area of low pressure."

Good thing I have beer.  And a full tank of gas.

Pages: 1 2 3