Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles Preseason Target Tracker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Came across this article today, and I thought some of you may want to look at it. It details all the QB's targets through the preseason, and Bortles is right at the top. Based on this, it looks like ARob is going to have a monster year. I love looking at these for fantasy purposes, and it provides some good insight. Anything alarming you notice going through? 

This is encouraging, although keep in mind that Bortles and ARob have had a lot more snaps than the QB and top WR on several teams.

Of note, DaVante Adams for the Packers has plenty of targets making me think they just might overcome the loss of Jordy without too much of a hitch.

Surprised Marcedes only has one target, but it seems like he's being taken out in passing situations a lot, he's only run 18 routes in 39 snaps compared to Harbor who has run 34 routes in 58 snaps. I expect Yeldon and obviously Thomas to soak up a lot of targets when they come back as well. 

Quote:This is encouraging, although keep in mind that Bortles and ARob have had a lot more snaps than the QB and top WR on several teams.

Of note, DaVante Adams for the Packers has plenty of targets making me think they just might overcome the loss of Jordy without too much of a hitch.

Of course they would. First, Rodgers is an ELITE QB. He'll make any WR look good. 2nd, did you not watch the playoffs last season? Adams was coming into his own. He's a beast on his own right. They'll be fine.
Quote:Surprised Marcedes only has one target, but it seems like he's being taken out in passing situations a lot, he's only run 18 routes in 39 snaps compared to Harbor who has run 34 routes in 58 snaps. I expect Yeldon and obviously Thomas to soak up a lot of targets when they come back as well. 

Lewis has been pretty invisible for the first 2 preseason games, at least from what I have seen or should I say haven't seen.

They are either getting other guys work or phasing him out of the passing attack and making him a decoy or blocker.
Quote:Lewis has been pretty invisible for the first 2 preseason games, at least from what I have seen or should I say haven't seen.

They are either getting other guys work or phasing him out of the passing attack and making him a decoy or blocker.
Or, they might be using Harbor in Julius' role so he can be acclimated to it in the regular season...
Quote:Lewis has been pretty invisible for the first 2 preseason games, at least from what I have seen or should I say haven't seen.

I think they are limiting his reps. It seems like Jacobs has been in on short yardage situations.
Quote:Of course they would. First, Rodgers is an ELITE QB. He'll make any WR look good. 2nd, did you not watch the playoffs last season? Adams was coming into his own. He's a beast on his own right. They'll be fine.
This... I think they drafted him knowing they had Cobb's contract coming up and were unsure if they'd resign him.

Of course they did and now they are in OK position even with the injury to Jordy. 

OT: In many of my fantasy teams I made it a point to draft Bortles (or pick up in FA) as my 2nd QB.

A-Rob is also able to be drafted later than he should, imo, so if you can get him as a combo, might turn into some late season points for sure.
Quote:This... I think they drafted him knowing they had Cobb's contract coming up and were unsure if they'd resign him.

Of course they did and now they are in OK position even with the injury to Jordy. 

OT: In many of my fantasy teams I made it a point to draft Bortles (or pick up in FA) as my 2nd QB.

A-Rob is also able to be drafted later than he should, imo, so if you can get him as a combo, might turn into some late season points for sure.

Not only can you get ARob late, but his not being nationally considered an elite guy tends to keep him from being double teamed, and as long as he's not drawing double teams he's going to be open a lot. Other top names force teams to focus on them and will sometimes get shut down by defensive schemes where ARob should get his catches week after week.

Quote:Not only can you get ARob late, but his not being nationally considered an elite guy tends to keep him from being double teamed, and as long as he's not drawing double teams he's going to be open a lot. Other top names force teams to focus on them and will sometimes get shut down by defensive schemes where ARob should get his catches week after week.

Whaaaat? I really doubt NFL teams are listening to media when they are scheming defensively. I doubt coaches have much time to listen to that swill. I'm pretty sure coaches are going to be relying on game film rather than what some talking head on ESPN regurgitates.
Quote:Surprised Marcedes only has one target, but it seems like he's being taken out in passing situations a lot, he's only run 18 routes in 39 snaps compared to Harbor who has run 34 routes in 58 snaps. I expect Yeldon and obviously Thomas to soak up a lot of targets when they come back as well. 
I'm not surprised Marcedes only has 1 target... he's proven to have hands of stone when wide open. The only thing that I'm surprised about is that he's still on the team.
Quote:Whaaaat? I really doubt NFL teams are listening to media when they are scheming defensively. I doubt coaches have much time to listen to that swill. I'm pretty sure coaches are going to be relying on game film rather than what some talking head on ESPN regurgitates.

There are only so many elite WRs in the game that teams truly go out of their way to scheme for including Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, and Demaryius Thomas. These guys go in the first couple rounds in fantasy football and are never not double covered. ARob at least at present is flying under the radar as teams don't exactly have him at this elite level, and until they do that's a bit of an advantage for fantasy purposes because he'll likely get at least solid points every single week. These elite guys will typically get you much more points, but you have to draft them early and there's always a risk that on a given week they'll be totally shut down by a team determined to take the guy out.

A good example from a couple years ago when I played FF was Kendal Wright. Now the guy would never get me 20-something points, but I could count on about 10 to 15 points every single week since teams never went out of their way to account for him <strong>despite him usually being their top WR as Britt was constantly injured. Of course this could change if ARob puts up enough game tape and teams start scheming to take him out, but at least now that's not the case. </strong>

And all of this has absolutely nothing to do with what I commented on. You inferred...no...said...that Robinson would not be double-teamed because he was not nationally known.
Quote:Or, they might be using Harbor in Julius' role so he can be acclimated to it in the regular season...
Lewis is an old vet. He's not going to benefit from extra reps at this point in his career. He is what he is.

They most likely rather let a less experienced player get the reps and not overexpose Lewis to injury during the preseason.
Quote:And all of this has absolutely nothing to do with what I commented on. You inferred...no...said...that Robinson would not be double-teamed because he was not nationally known.

Yeah, he's not nationally known as an elite WR. I also said this wouldn't change as long as he's not consistently drawing double teams. If he starts to draw double teams, then teams would see it on tape and the situation would change.

Er, shouldn't there be a rule somewhere that Jag die hards should never ever ever draft titan players, fantasy notwithstanding. Shame on you, 02 ; )
I cant even bring myself to watch the tacky bunch on Hard Knocks. I've tried to, too.
Quote:Er, shouldn't there be a rule somewhere that Jag die hards should never ever ever draft titan players, fantasy notwithstanding. Shame on you, 02 ; )

I feel so dirty and ashamed. :yucky: 

Quote:I cant even bring myself to watch the tacky bunch on Hard Knocks. I've tried to, too.

Those are Texans.

Quote:Yeah, he's not nationally known as an elite WR. I also said this wouldn't change as long as he's not consistently drawing double teams. If he starts to draw double teams, then teams would see it on tape and the situation would change.

I think you should reread what you originally said. It seems to change a little every reply.
Pages: 1 2