Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "Demetrius McCray is the most underrated player".
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

http://nflspinzone.com/2015/07/15/jackso...ed-player/

Very interesting stats. He's definitely turned some heads, that's for sure.

Easily our best corner
Is he starting?
But yet they wanna start house and colvin. McCray deserves to be a starter until proven otherwise
Quote:http://nflspinzone.com/2015/07/15/jackso...ed-player/

Very interesting stats. He's definitely turned some heads, that's for sure.

I dunno why people keep acting like McCray isnt treated fairly or something.... he is a starting CB even if it is only on Nickel packages...  I hope he can stay healthy!
Quote:But yet they wanna start house and colvin. McCray deserves to be a starter until proven otherwise
This might be the best problem the Jaguars have had in over a decade.
Familiar name at #7, ahead of Darelle Revis..
As I'm reading the situation now, they have Colvin and McCray as co-starters at the #1 CB position with House the starter at the #2 CB position. It'll be interesting how this plays out.

All three will be on the field most plays I bet
Quote: 

Keep in mind McCray also matched up against some great receivers including T.Y. HiltonAntonio BrownA.J. GreenDez Bryant, and Odell Beckham. McCray was targeted 57 times throughout the season, yet only conceded one touchdown.

Alright, that's pretty impressive. I was gone for most of last year so I didn't get to witness it first hand but that's pretty impressive for a 7th rounder getting his first chance at the big time receivers.

pirkster mad

LOL!

McCray and Smith are my favorite players on our defense. Hopefully they continue to ascend and become cornerstones of the team for a long time.
Am I the only one that noticed Rashean Mathis is also rated higher than Darrell Revis?

Imagine Mathis and McCray in the same secondary -- SHUTDOWN CITY !!

I would probably rely more on the expertise of the coaches on who they name 1,2,3 etc. over someone on NFL Spin zone.com. If they think McCray is the best, he'll get title he deserves. If he's not, he'll get the title he deserves.

Quote:Am I the only one that noticed Rashean Mathis is also rated higher than Darrell Revis?

Imagine Mathis and McCray in the same secondary -- SHUTDOWN CITY !!
Mathis was a great CB in his early years in Jax, and a serviceable one in his later years. If we had Mathis in his prime, lined up with McCray today, NOBODY would try to test this secondary. 

Quote:Mathis was a great CB in his early years in Jax, and a serviceable one in his later years. If we had Mathis in his prime, lined up with McCray today, NOBODY would try to test this secondary. 
Colvin has a ton of potential. He could end up being as good as Rashean, or better.
Man, in glad we got good corners!!

I was sick of watching gratz start 8 yards off the LOS and immediately back pedal upon the snap. Hopefully we don't see that anymore!
Quote:Mathis was a great CB in his early years in Jax, and a serviceable one in his later years. If we had Mathis in his prime, lined up with McCray today, NOBODY would try to test this secondary. 
That would be a fun pairing to watch.

Quote:Colvin has a ton of potential. He could end up being as good as Rashean, or better.
Mathis was a better athlete, no two ways about that. Colvin will have to become a true ballhawk with great instincts to reach that level. I think he can, but Mathis was bigger and faster.
Quote:That would be a fun pairing to watch.

Mathis was a better athlete, no two ways about that. Colvin will have to become a true ballhawk with great instincts to reach that level. I think he can, but Mathis was bigger and faster.
Agreed. Mathis did get a ton of INT's.
Pages: 1 2 3