Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Players on the Bubble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm noticing several areas where there's a tough decision to be made. To keep this simple, I'm going to list two names competing for a spot to see who you think should take the spot. In some cases the team might keep an additional player where either both make it or else one makes it along with a remaining player. Players not listed are presumed to be roster locks. It'll become clear quickly what I'm doing...

#5 WR - Bryan Walters or Tony Washington

remaining players: Neal Sterling, Greg Jenkins, Erik Lora*, Tandon Doss and Kasey Closs

#4 TE - Nic Jacobs or Ben Koyack

remaining players: Conner Hamlett

#3 OT -
Josh Wells 
(IR)
 Sam Young or Austin Pasztor

remaining players: Sam Young and Cody Booth

#4 OG - Tyler Shatley or Will Corbin* (or neither)

remaining players: Chris Reed and Jack Rummells

#4 RB - Corey Grant or Bernard Pierce

remaining players: Storm Johnson

#3 QB (practice squad) - Stephen Morris or Jeff Tuel

K - Josh Scobee or Jason Meyers

P - Bryan Anger or Kasey Redfern (Anger is now a roster lock)

#4 DT - Michael Bennett or Ziggy Hood

remaining players: Eric Crume and Richard Ash

#5 DE - Andre Branch or Chris Smith

remaining players: Cap Capi, Ikponmwosa Igbinosun and Camaron Beard*

#3 OLB - LaRoy Reynolds or Thurston Armbrister

remaining players: John Lotulelei, Khairi Fortt, Mister Alexander* and Todd Thomas

#5 CB - Rashaad Reynolds or Nick Marshall

remaining players: Jeremy Harris, Tommie Campbell and Peyton Thompson

#4 S - Craig Loston or Josh Evans

remaining players: Matt Daniels and Desmond Cooper

* - newly signed

#5 WR - Walters

#4 TE - Jacobs

#3 OT - Pasztor

#4 OG - neither

#4 RB - Grant and Pierce

#3 QB - Tuel (PS)

K - Myers*

P - Redfern*

#4 DT - Bennett and Hood

#5 DE - C. Smith

#3 OLB - L. Reynolds and Armbrister

#5 CB - R. Reynolds (checking waivers)

#4 S - Loston, Daniels (PS)

Subject to changes!

*Special Note: IMO Myers and Redfern have virtually no chance to make this team. Gus is coaching for his job so he'll go with the vets
Idk, I think myers will have a good chance. i think redfern has been in tryout mode for the last couple years right? haven't seen anything impressive from him.

Quote: 

#5 DE: Andre Branch or Chris Smith

Good bet they both make the roster IMO.   ^ 
Quote:Good bet they both make the roster IMO.   ^ 

Possibly, but it's going to be tough to keep 6 DEs. I'm going with Chris Smith knocking Branch off the roster.

Also keep in mind I'm erring to the side of keeping less players except for the OG spot where might not keep either player. At least in a few cases they probably will keep both players. This is also why I'm convinced that anyone not listed is a roster lock.

Quote:Possibly, but it's going to be tough to keep 6 DEs. I'm going with Chris Smith knocking Branch off the roster.

Also keep in mind I'm erring to the side of keeping less players except for the OG spot where might not keep either player. At least in a few cases they probably will keep both players. This is also why I'm convinced that anyone not listed is a roster lock.

I am pretty sure Gus has kept 6 DEs every year that he has been here.
Quote:#5 WR - Walters

#4 TE - Jacobs

#3 OT - Pasztor

#4 OG - neither

#4 RB - Grant and Pierce

#3 QB - Tuel (PS)

K - Myers*

P - Redfern*

#4 DT - Bennett and Hood

#5 DE - C. Smith

#3 OLB - L. Reynolds and Armbrister

#5 CB - R. Reynolds (checking waivers)

#4 S - Loston, Daniels (PS)

Subject to changes!

*Special Note: IMO Myers and Redfern have virtually no chance to make this team. Gus is coaching for his job so he'll go with the vets

So since 'Gus is coaching for his job' is the only reason it will be Scobee and Anger?

It would seem to me he wants the best players if he's 'coaching for his job'.
#5 WR - Bryan Walters or Tony Washington

remaining players: Neal Sterling, Greg Jenkins, Erik Lora*, Tandon Doss and Kasey Closs

...Walters due to more special teams value.  Although not getting much action in the first 2 preseason games, I would not completely rule out Doss just yet.

#4 TE - Nic Jacobs or Ben Koyack

remaining players: Conner Hamlet and Neal Sterling

...Jacobs as the bigger backup for Lewis.  Thomas and Harbor are the starting and backup move TEs.

#3 OT - Josh Wells or Austin Pasztor

remaining players: Sam Young and Cody Booth

...Wells as he can play left and right tackle (swing tackle).  Pasztor is limited to right tackle or guard.

#4 OG - Tyler Shatley or Will Corbin* (or neither)

remaining players: Chris Reed and Jack Rummells

...Shatley has more versatility and upside.

#4 RB - Corey Grant or Bernard Pierce

remaining players: Storm Johnson

...Grant makes it as a ST returner, not really as a RB.  They save a roster spot and don't add a 5th RB in Pierce or Johnson.  

#3 QB (practice squad) - Stephen Morris or Jeff Tuel

...Tuel in a tight battle for practice squad supremacy.

K: Josh Scobee or Jason Meyers

...Scobee is my gut, although I would keep Meyers if I were Dave to save over $3m to use elsewhere.

P: Bryan Anger or Kasey Redfern

...Anger.

#4 DT: Michael Bennett or Ziggy Hood

remaining players: Eric Crume and Richard Ash

...I think they find a way to keep both Bennett and Hood. Bennett for his upside if one has to go.

#5 DE: Andre Branch or Chris Smith

...Both make it.  

#3 OLB: LaRoy Reynolds or Thurston Armbrister

remaining players: John Lotulelei, Khairi Fortt, Mister Alexander* and Todd Thomas

...Both make it. Armbrister doesn't make it if they sign someone from other team cuts.

#5 CB: Rashaad Reynolds or Nick Marshall

remaining players: Jeremy Harris, Tommie Campbell and Peyton Thompson

...Reynolds, as Marshall will be put on PS for development.  This one is very close.

#4 S: Craig Loston or Josh Evans

remaining players: Matt Daniels and Desmond Cooper

...Evans by a hair. 

* - newly signed

Is there really any doubt that Anger will be the Jags Punter in 2015?
Quote:Is there really any doubt that Anger will be the Jags Punter in 2015?

Not too much, but if it were an even competition there would be good reason to suggest Redfern has had better punts.

Here's a related question going into the Jaguars pre-season game against the Lions:

Which Jags players that are subject to the waiver claim process, that are on the roster bubble, have the greatest chance of being claimed off waivers by another team?    With the player most likely being claimed by another team being listed before players with a lesser chance of being claimed?   

Quote:Here's a related question going into the Jaguars pre-season game against the Lions:

Which Jags players that are subject to the waiver claim process, that are on the roster bubble, have the greatest chance of being claimed off waivers by another team?    With the player most likely being claimed by another team being listed before players with a lesser chance of being claimed?   

Here you go. The following is a list of bubble players with the greatest chance of being claimed to the least chance. I won't list vested vets or players that I doubt would be claimed...

1. Andre Branch

2. Jason Meyers

3. Chris Smith

4. Michael Bennett

5. LaRoy Reynolds

6. Corey Grant

7. Nic Jacobs

8. Josh Wells

9. Thurston Armbrister

10. Josh Evans

11. Nick Marshall

12. Austin Pasztor

13. Kasey Redfern

14. Tyler Shatley

15. Rashaad Reynolds

16. Cap Capi

That's a great list
Thanks,  Jags02.   This is even better opinion information than I could have envisioned. 

I'm very interested to watch Michael Bennett in the upcoming pre-season game.   He could be matched up against Lions 1st Round pick LG Laken Tomlinson in parts of the game.  Tomlinson is expected to make his first start tomorrow night but probably will be in the game for a long time barring something unexpected.   Because Bennett slipped much further in the draft than practically everyone expected,   it's going to be interesting to see how he performs with so much at stake for him.  

I feel like there is zero chance Branch Smith Bennett hit the waiver.

I think they keep Davis Branch Smith Clemons Alualu Odrick Miller Jones Marks. Davis can play inside pretty well, as can Alualu and Odrick. So it's not really like keeping 6 DEs. More like a stable of DL players. Marks may not be able to play for a bit too.
How is Storm Johnson not making any of these list?  He has done nothing this preseason.

Storm is presumed gone mate. Plus he said he did not list folks he thinks have little chance of being claimed off waivers.
Quote:Here you go. The following is a list of bubble players with the greatest chance of being claimed to the least chance. I won't list vested vets or players that I doubt would be claimed...

1. Andre Branch

2. Jason Meyers

3. Chris Smith

4. Michael Bennett

5. LaRoy Reynolds

6. Corey Grant

7. Nic Jacobs

8. Josh Wells

9. Thurston Armbrister

10. Josh Evans

11. Nick Marshall

12. Austin Pasztor

13. Kasey Redfern

14. Tyler Shatley

15. Rashaad Reynolds

16. Cap Capi

Nice list 02. Based on this, Marshall should stay and Rashaad Reynolds should be squadded if he's eligible.

Quote: 
This is more what I would do, not what i think.

WR - Walters.  I've seen too many Washington drops. 

TE - No idea... dont really care

OT - Wells

OG - Shatley

RB - Grant just for the special teams aspect

QB - none

K - Scobee i guess

P - Anger i guess

DT - Both Bennett and Hood

DE - Smith but wouldnt be surprised if both make it

LB - Reynolds

CB - Reynolds

S - Dont care, hope neither has to play