Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sterling or Koyack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who makes the 53 man roster? Are both PS type players?

I haven't followed, watched, or heard much about either player. Would appreciate other's comments.
Koyack looks like he needs some time on the practice squad... I haven't seen Sterling play. I figured he would be a PS type of player as well
Koyack has a catch or two and has been on the field a bit. Sterling not so much. In fact the TE from Oregon State probably makes the active before Sterling imo.
I asked me wife "Sterling or Koyack?" She said "Koyack" because K comes before S.

So, Koyack it is.

Both will be practice squad guys, in my opinion.  Sterling is not a top 5 or 6 WR at his point of his development, and Koyack needs to add strength to back up Lewis (he's not ahead of Thomas or Harbor on the move TE side).

Quote:Koyack looks like he needs some time on the practice squad... I haven't seen Sterling play. I figured he would be a PS type of player as well

I think the plan was to redshirt Sterling when he was drafted. That's why he hasn't been featured in the preseason. 
Quote:Both will be practice squad guys, in my opinion.  Sterling is not a top 5 or 6 WR at his point of his development, and Koyack needs to add strength to back up Lewis (he's not ahead of Thomas or Harbor on the move TE side).

I think so too. Someone on Twitter, maybe it was here, said that Lageman said Sterling would be a terrific TE if/when he converts. So, maybe a year on the PS would be a good chance for him to beef up a little and learn the blocking game?