Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Prior to preseason game 3 53 man roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
O: 24

D: 26

ST: 3

Bortles Henne

Thomas Lewis Harbor

AR15 Lee Hurns Greene Washington

Yeldon Toby Denard Pierce Grant

Joeckel Beadles Wiz Linder Parnell

Cann Bo (Pasztor/Wells*) Shately*

C Smith Branch Clemons Davis

Miller Jones

Marks Bennet*

Alualu Odrick

Poz T Smith Skuta

George* Reynolds*

Colvin McCray House Marshall Harris* Gratz

Cyprien Sample Evans Brown Loston*

Scobee Anger Tinker

ST *
What are the stars for?
If we're running a base 2 TE set, I expect 4 TEs to make the roster.
Quote:If we're running a base 2 TE set, I expect 4 TEs to make the roster.

Yeah, I can't see them only keeping 3 TEs. I am real curious to see what they do at DT with Hood and Bennett and S. I doubt they keep 5 safeties.
I don't see Harris making this roster. If they keep that many CBs then I believe Rashaad Reyolds has made it over Harris. If they don't keep that many I'm thinking Reynolds still makes it over both Harris and Marshall with Marshall landing on their PS. At S I'm not so sure that Josh Evans is going to make it. I'd lean toward their being 4 TEs and 10 DBs.

raweyejag

Quote:What are the stars for?

ST Special Teams
Quote:O: 24 25

D: 26 25

Bortles Henne

Thomas Lewis Harbor Jacobs ...adds backup to Lewis (Koyack not big enough, to PS)

AR15 Lee Hurns Greene Washington Walters ...ST value, good hands

Cann Bowanko Pasztor/Wells* Shately* ...I think they keep 9 OL, Wells has higher upside over Pasztor

Smith Branch Clemons Davis

Miller Jones

Marks Bennett*

Alualu Odrick

Poz Smith Skuta

George* Reynolds* Armbrister ...upside with development and ST hitter (not surprised if guy here replaced by someone else's cut)

Colvin McCray House Marshall Harris* Gratz ...think they carry 5 CBs, keep Marshall's ball-hawking upside

Cyprien Sample Evans Brown Loston...battle between Evans and Loston; Evans by a hair

Scobee Anger Tinker

ST *
Quote:If we're running a base 2 TE set, I expect 4 TEs to make the roster.

I think so as well. Koyack and Jacobs are battling for that last spot IMO.
You can pencil Nic Jacobs in. He is a beastly blocker.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aPatel06" data-cid="523190" data-time="1440541358">
<div>
O: 24 25

D: 26 25

Bortles Henne

Thomas Lewis Harbor Jacobs ...adds backup to Lewis (Koyack not big enough, to PS)

AR15 Lee Hurns Greene Washington Walters ...ST value, good hands

Cann Bowanko Pasztor/Wells* Shately* ...I think they keep 9 OL, Wells has higher upside over Pasztor

Smith Branch Clemons Davis

Miller Jones

Marks Bennett*

Alualu Odrick

Poz Smith Skuta

George* Reynolds* Armbrister ...upside with development and ST hitter (not surprised if guy here replaced by someone else's cut)

Colvin McCray House Marshall Harris* Gratz ...think they carry 5 CBs, keep Marshall's ball-hawking upside

Cyprien Sample Evans Brown Loston...battle between Evans and Loston; Evans by a hair

Scobee Anger Tinker

ST *

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm liking this better. Evans vs Loston is a really tough call at this point. I was giving the edge to Loston, but it's oh so close. And as I mentioned earlier, I prefer Rashaad Reynolds over Marshall, but that one's also really close. Overall though, you might have nailed it. That said, I wish there were a way to keep ZIggy on the roster.

Oh, and as for Armbrister, no doubt he's made the roster. He's been everywhere this preseason both on defense and ST coverage.

The only other questions I kind of have relate to the three new guys just added as we still don't know squat about them.

Quote:ST Special Teams

Ha, then there aren't nearly enough stars.
Quote:I think so as well. Koyack and Jacobs are battling for that last spot IMO.

I think if we carry JT and Harbor (2 move guys) it's gonna be Lewis and Jacobs.
Quote:I think if we carry JT and Harbor (2 move guys) it's gonna be Lewis and Jacobs.

I've been happy with Jacobs blocking.

For me I thought a lot of 2 TE sets would simply be another OL being eligible. I haven't been listening to Caldwell much though so thanks for the input.
There's an relatively unheralded DB that is going to be really tough to cut, imo: Rashaad Reynolds.  I would be keeping him instead of Marshall, even thought I really want Marshall to make this team.  I hope he can be signed to the PS, but Reynolds has been a beast on ST.  On every punt return, he seals off his gunner so effectively.  I briefly looked for a clip of him blocking but I couldn't find one.  During the next game, you guys should look for number 40 on punt returns and watch how well he does his job.    

I will concede that Marshall appears to have a high ceiling, so I can see why he'd be a strong candidate, but getting better field position on possession changes is very important.

Quote:There's an relatively unheralded DB that is going to be really tough to cut, imo: Rashaad Reynolds.  I would be keeping him instead of Marshall, even thought I really want Marshall to make this team.  I hope he can be signed to the PS, but Reynolds has been a beast on ST.  On every punt return, he seals off his gunner so effectively.  I briefly looked for a clip of him blocking but I couldn't find one.  During the next game, you guys should look for number 40 on punt returns and watch how well he does his job.    

I will concede that Marshall appears to have a high ceiling, so I can see why he'd be a strong candidate, but getting better field position on possession changes is very important.

I so totally agree. Rashaad Reynolds has also been a beast on defense later in these games, and I think the coaches realize he's flat out better than Marshall.

I'll give it a stab.

QB - Bortles, Henne

RB - Yeldon, Robinson, Gerhart, Pierce, Grant

WR - Robinson, Greene

WR - Hurns, Lee, Walters

TE - Thomas, Harbor

TE - Lewis, Koyak/Jacobs

LT - Joeckel, Wells

LG - Beadles, Cann

C - Wiz, Bowanko

RG - Linder, Shatley

RT - Parnell

LEO - Clemons, Branch, Davis, Smith

DT - Marks, Bennett

NT - Miller, Jones

DE - Odrik, Alualu

OTTO - Skuta, Reynolds

MLB - Poz, George

WLB - Telvin, Armbrister

CB - House, Gratz, Reynolds/Marshall

SS - Cyprien, Loston

FS - Brown, Sample

CB - McCray, Colvin

K - Scobee

P - Anger

LS - Tinker

I think we will see a few guys go on super secret IR (Sterling, Marshall, and Koyak for instance). There will also probably be some more well known names getting cut this year like Josh Evans, Austin Pasztor, and Ziggy Hood.

I thought it was telling that Alualu has been playing as much 3 Tech as he has. This tells me that they are looking to see if he and Bennett could hold down the fort there till Marks gets back.

Also wonder if the staff feels confident enough if Wells and Bowanko to handle the swing tackle duties.
Quote:I'll give it a stab.

QB - Bortles, Henne

RB - Yeldon, Robinson, Gerhart, Pierce, Grant

WR - Robinson, Greene

WR - Lee
, Hurns
, Walters

TE - Thomas, Harbor

TE - Lewis, Jacobs

LT - Joeckel, Wells

LG - Beadles, Cann

C - Wiz, Bowanko

RG - Linder, Young

RT - Parnell, Pazstor

Out (Shatley and Koyack)..

I think we keep 10 linemen..

This could be the opening day offense..

Offense (25)

QB(2): Bortles, Henne

RB(4): Yeldon, Robinson, Gerhart, Pierce

WR(5): Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Greene, Washington

TE(4): Thomas, Lewis, Harbor, Jacobs

OL(10): Joeckel, Beadles, Wizniewski, Linder, Parnell, Wells, Bowanko, Cann, Shatley, Pastzor.

Defense (25)

DL(10): Odrick, Marks, Miller, Clemons, Davis, Jones, Hood, Alualu, Smith, Bennett

LB(6): Smith, Posluszny, Skuta, George, Reynolds, Armbrister

CB(5): House, Colvin, McCray, Gratz, Reynolds

S(4): Cyprien, Brown, Sample, Loston

Special Teams (3)

K(1): Scobee

P(1): Anger

LS(1): Tinker

Quote:Out (Shatley and Koyack)..

I think we keep 10 linemen..

This could be the opening day offense..

Very unlikely they cut Shatley especially for Young.