Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The "Sort of a God" gives a blessing today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Barrack Hussein Obama gives Joe Biden a "blessing" to run for the Presidency today.

Before this gets taken down for being "religious", I must point out that the "sort of a god" comment is from previous "reporting" by the MSM and the "blessing" comment comes from a headline from CNN.

No particular religion is endorsed or implied.

The concept of "giving something/someone your blessing" is hardly new, and it's not like it's only applied to Obama. Weaksauce on your part. The MSM is far, far, far from mainstream. It almost feels like you're twisting and carefully choosing your words to spin an agenda. Tongue

Biden's involvement can only be a good thing for the Democratic Party, imo. Hillary's campaign is a train wreck in slow motion, Sanders is far enough left that the MSM might actually seem to be just left of center to him, and the guy who's mainstream and makes sense (O'Malley) might as well have his face on the side of a milk carton, because he's completely gone missing. Biden would give them a viable alternative to Hillary and Sanders, and a respected political figure who has a reputation for reaching across the aisle and getting things done.

Quote:The concept of "giving something/someone your blessing" is hardly new, and it's not like it's only applied to Obama. Weaksauce on your part. The MSM is far, far, far from mainstream. It almost feels like you're twisting and carefully choosing your words to spin an agenda. Tongue

Biden's involvement can only be a good thing for the Democratic Party, imo. Hillary's campaign is a train wreck in slow motion, Sanders is far enough left that the MSM might actually seem to be just left of center to him, and the guy who's mainstream and makes sense (O'Malley) might as well have his face on the side of a milk carton, because he's completely gone missing. Biden would give them a viable alternative to Hillary and Sanders, and a respected political figure who has a reputation for reaching across the aisle and getting things done.

If nothing else, Biden has the potential for providing us with comedy gold.
Biden and Hillary split up the blue dog and "Washington Insider" votes.  Bernie winds up with the nomination.  Run Joe Run!!!!

Quote:The concept of "giving something/someone your blessing" is hardly new, and it's not like it's only applied to Obama. Weaksauce on your part. The MSM is far, far, far from mainstream. It almost feels like you're twisting and carefully choosing your words to spin an agenda. Tongue

This is the JIB No Spin Zone my friend.   :thumbsup:   I do try to choose my words carefully most of the time, though there are times when my choices are certainly wrong according to the COC.

Quote:If nothing else, Biden has the potential for providing us with comedy gold.

Something that you and I certainly agree on.  I do have a lot of respect for Joe Biden, even though I would never vote for him.

Quote:Biden and Hillary split up the blue dog and "Washington Insider" votes.  Bernie winds up with the nomination.  Run Joe Run!!!!

I disagree.  Once Biden announces his candidacy I believe that Hillary's chances tank (even more so than right now).  What is certainly interesting is the fact that Biden met with Elizabeth Warren recently.  A ticket on the democrat side with both of them would draw not only from the democrat establishment base, but also from the far left taking any support that Bernie Sanders might have now.

The question then becomes, can they win the ultimate prize?
Quote:I disagree.  Once Biden announces his candidacy I believe that Hillary's chances tank (even more so than right now).  What is certainly interesting is the fact that Biden met with Elizabeth Warren recently.  A ticket on the democrat side with both of them would draw not only from the democrat establishment base, but also from the far left taking any support that Bernie Sanders might have now.

It's far too easy to punch holes in Elizabeth Warren. After working in the financial industry as she arbitrarily decided what was and wasn't ok (and applied her new "rules" in equally arbitrary fashion), I would give a year's salary to see her chased out of office by anyone, up to and including Ted Cruz.
Whatever keeps Clinton from getting into is fine by me. The woman has no character, which is not saying much when it comes to politicians, but she's a bottom feeder even in the political world as far as I'm concerned. 

Quote:Whatever keeps Clinton from getting into is fine by me. The woman has no character, which is not saying much when it comes to politicians, but she's a bottom feeder even in the political world as far as I'm concerned. 
Just keep watching. Her campaign will be more and more fun to watch as it slowly erodes from the inside before collapsing in under its own weight.
Quote:Just keep watching. Her campaign will be more and more fun to watch as it slowly erodes from the inside before collapsing in under its own weight.
Imploding in spectacular fashion is nothing less than what she deserves. 
Quote:Imploding in spectacular fashion is nothing less than what she deserves. 
Well, I mean, depending on the outcome of any investigation that anyone ever bothers to launch, she might end up deserving some prison time.
Quote:Well, I mean, depending on the outcome of any investigation that anyone ever bothers to launch, she might end up deserving some prison time.
It would actually mean something if she went to real prison and not some ridiculous low security country club joint. But if that's what it takes I'm okay with that.
Quote:It would actually mean something if she went to real prison and not some ridiculous low security country club joint. But if that's what it takes I'm okay with that.
We're kidding ourselves if we think she'd ever be charged, let alone sent to prison. Even if she did get a term behind bars, it'd probably be at Martha Stewart's Day Camp for Wayward Felons, where all we'd hear about is how well she gets along with the other inmates, how much they're learning from each other, and how nice it is to have her in the kitchen.
Quote:We're kidding ourselves if we think she'd ever be charged, let alone sent to prison. Even if she did get a term behind bars, it'd probably be at Martha Stewart's Day Camp for Wayward Felons, where all we'd hear about is how well she gets along with the other inmates, how much they're learning from each other, and how nice it is to have her in the kitchen.
Yup. The societal elite sure have some nice beni's.
Quote:Yup. The societal elite sure have some nice beni's.
And the Obamas absolutely hate her. I mean, come on, somebody in the administration please disregard the wishes of the Democratic Party and sick the FBI on her. It's not like the Obamas have a political career to look forward to after this. President Obama does not strike me as the type to return to Congress.

Whatever Hillary did or didn't do, we'll only find out with a full investigation, and the longer she and her pals dodge one, the worse it looks for her.
Quote:And the Obamas absolutely hate her. I mean, come on, somebody in the administration please disregard the wishes of the Democratic Party and sick the FBI on her. It's not like the Obamas have a political career to look forward to after this. President Obama does not strike me as the type to return to Congress.

Whatever Hillary did or didn't do, we'll only find out with a full investigation, and the longer she and her pals dodge one, the worse it looks for her.
I thought the FBI was already investigating? Or am I wrong there?
Quote:I thought the FBI was already investigating? Or am I wrong there?
You're right, they are. I didn't know they'd started the probe already. Thought they were still deciding who would have to pick up the political hot potato and hug it tightly to their chest.
Quote:I disagree.  Once Biden announces his candidacy I believe that Hillary's chances tank (even more so than right now).  What is certainly interesting is the fact that Biden met with Elizabeth Warren recently.  A ticket on the democrat side with both of them would draw not only from the democrat establishment base, but also from the far left taking any support that Bernie Sanders might have now.

LOL, well, you're not paying attention then...  Which is understandable because you are not a member of the democratic party.  But your analysis is shoddy on this one...

Biden and Hillary go after the same Washington-insider-class-type voter.  Bernie is on the outside of that and is getting a whole different group of voters.  Let me simplify it for you...  If Trump ran 3rd Party against a Democratic candidate and a Republican, who would it benefit and who would it hurt in terms of siphoning off votes?
Quote:LOL, well, you're not paying attention then...  Which is understandable because you are not a member of the democratic party.  But your analysis is shoddy on this one...

Biden and Hillary go after the same Washington-insider-class-type voter.  Bernie is on the outside of that and is getting a whole different group of voters.  Let me simplify it for you...  If Trump ran 3rd Party against a Democratic candidate and a Republican, who would it benefit and who would it hurt in terms of siphoning off votes?
Biden can pull the "average joe" type from the left of center. 
[Image: image.png?w=400&c=1]

Quote:LOL, well, you're not paying attention then...  Which is understandable because you are not a member of the democratic party.  But your analysis is shoddy on this one...

I agree with you that Biden and Hillary go after the same voting bloc.  I also think that someone like Elizabeth Warren would get support from the very same people that support Bernie Sanders (the far left) gets.

There is no question that if Trump ran as an independent 3rd party candidate at this time he would cause damage to both republicans and democrats.  The question is, as you asked, which party would it benefit and which party would it hurt?  My feeling is that it depends on who wins the eventual republican nomination.

I also think that once the campaigns really start ramping up, support for Trump is going to fall, especially when it comes to the republican nomination.
Pages: 1 2