Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Loston and brown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Need to start if they have a solid game this week cyp and sample as back ups
Nah. Cyp needs to be in there. Loston is a good backup.

Love the fire from Sergio Brown though!
Ah good, another "Cyprien sucks" thread. How many of these are we up to this week?

I agree. Loston looked  better than Cyprien has in ages on Saturday.

I did enjoy what I have seen from Loston but Im not sure if I would want to toss him in as a starter now.

It was one preseason game. Perhaps its a little too early to anoint him as the savior at the safety position.
Doesn't have to be the savior to be better than Cyprien.

Quote:Doesn't have to be the savior to be better than Cyprien.

Again its preseason.

Every back up is better than the starter...until teams get tape on the guy and start game planning for him. Let me know when its regular season and the bullets start flying.
Quote:Again its preseason.

Every back up is better than the starter...until teams get tape on the guy and start game planning for him. Let me know when its regular season and the bullets start flying.
I'm not a Cyprien hater at all, I think he's much better than a lot here say he is. However, if Loston plays very well against Detroit he may earn the start week 1 while Cyp's hand "isn't quite ready"
Quote:Nah. Cyp needs to be in there. Loston is a good backup.

Love the fire from Sergio Brown though!

Yeah I thought Brown had a great game against the Giants.. hope to see that against the Lions too..
Quote:I'm not a Cyprien hater at all, I think he's much better than a lot here say he is. However, if Loston plays very well against Detroit he may earn the start week 1 while Cyp's hand "isn't quite ready"

I'm not a Cyprien fan boy either. But I hate when people go off the deep end for a player after one meaningless preseason game.
Quote:I'm not a Cyprien fan boy either. But I hate when people go off the deep end for a player after one meaningless preseason game.

You mean Cap Capi isn't in the HOF yet?
Quote:You mean Cap Capi isn't in the HOF yet?

Based on the knee jerk of this board he's well on his way. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for guys like Capi and Loston but keep in mind these guys aren't fighting for a starting position, they're fighting for a chance to stick on a 53 man roster. Big difference. Sometimes a little perception is needed.
As good as Loston played against the Giants he didn't play good enough to bench SS Cyprien.  It is expected that Johnathan Cyprien will start at SS at the start of the season, but Flordia Times Union stated:

Cyprien's injury is slightly more complicated than the one to teammate Julius Thomas, but both are expected to be on the field when the season begins. Even if he suits up, Cyprien will likely wear a cast the first several weeks of the season. Aug 17 - 11:32 AM
What are the chances we will get to see James Sample play SS or FS before the regular season starts?

Quote:What are the chances we will get to see James Sample play SS or FS before the regular season starts?
Sample will play against Detroit.
Our safety position will be a competition into the regular season I think, at least at strong safety. Brown looked alright out there at FS but behind him and at SS I don't know if Cyprien starts every game this season injury or not. We need a presence at that position and I don't think Cyprien is bringing what we thought he was going to. He's running out of time.

Can Loston play Free?
Quote:Can Loston play Free?
Too slow to play center field. He's more of a pure box safety than a guy you want covering receivers downfield.
Quote:Too slow to play center field. He's more of a pure box safety than a guy you want covering receivers downfield.

Is Sample way faster? Deon Grant wasn't necessarily a burner. Neither were last years FS's with Evans and Guy. Yes both sucked but at least Loston can tackle.
Pages: 1 2