Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Making my 2nd trip to JAX(Week 1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm making my 2nd trip ever to Jacksonville (I live in Knoxville,TN) and its for WEEK 1!!!( This time I'm bring more people) Unfortunately, its my wife's side of the family and they are die-hard Panthers fans.

So I have a few questions: We are flying down Friday around 1pm and we will have Friday afternoon and ALL Day Saturday to tool around town. What is there to do in/around Jacksonville for a group of 7-10 people? I'm open to any suggestions. Also, where can we go and what time should we get to Everbank on Sunday to tailgate?

Any and all information is appreciated!

Can't wait!!!! DUVVVVALLLLLLLLL!

Sounds like your wife's side of the family is pretty cool!
Quote:Sounds like your wife's side of the family is pretty cool!
Well my wife likes the Jags, so that's really all that matters.
Depends on where you're staying. I made my first visit last October, Coming From Midland, TX. We were staying at the Hyatt in downtown Jacksonville. We walked to the Landing, and we walked to the stadium. The beach is a safe bet for you and your group, which IIRC was about a 30 minute drive from our hotel.

the landing has live music on saturdays, what looked like a couple cool bars, and Benny's steakhouse, which had pretty good food, and you can eat with a beautiful view of the St. John's river.

The GameDay experience is amazing. Wish I could go again this season, but I have to get married to that woman I took to Jacksonville ;-)
Chill out or Night out – Go to Jax beach.  Sun, restaurants, bars and beach type shops.

Explore – Drive down A1A.  Drive up Ponte Vedra Blvd if you dare.

Shop – Go to the Town Center

Travel – Take in St Augustine

Golf – TPC Sawgrass or WGV (World Gold Village)

PreGame – Teal Town/Game Day.  Opens at 10, tons of free stuff. Music beer food games.  Great for kids too.  Go early.  Assuming they will do the Prowl again this year - Good 1 time experience.  It’s at the Sea Best Zone.  Cool to see players walk in but you miss the introductions onto the field which is cool too.