Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: any news on the injuries? specifically mccray?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its been kinda rough this year with the injury bug.

McCray bruised his right knee.

The only really bad injury was it looks like we lost Benn possibly for the year. Also, Forte is getting an MRI.

Was sad when I found out Benn's shoulder injury is a broken clavicle.  I'm not sure that he would be gone for the year.  They could put him on PUP, and get him back later.  
Certainly no pun intended, but Benn can't seem to catch a break.

Hope he isn't out for the year.

Quote:Was sad when I found out Benn's shoulder injury is a broken clavicle.  I'm not sure that he would be gone for the year.  They could put him on PUP, and get him back later.  

No he can't go on PUP because he's practiced in camp. PUP is only for guys who were placed on the list before camp and never practiced. He can go on IR with a designation to return, but only one player can get that designation so it would be tough to possibly waste it on a guy likely to just get hurt again given his injury history. I'm guessing Caldwell will IR him for the year or else carry him on the roster while listing him inactive throughout September and possibly into October.

Quote:Its been kinda rough this year with the injury bug.

McCray will be fine it sounds like
Quote:McCray will be fine it sounds like

Looked like just a bruised knee to me. Bumped it on the guy's helmet.
Quote:Certainly no pun intended, but Benn can't seem to catch a break.

Hope he isn't out for the year.

4-8 weeks is the time it takes for a broken clavicle to be healed. He could be back as late as mid October. They'll have a decision to make on him.
Quote:McCray bruised his right knee.

The only really bad injury was it looks like we lost Benn possibly for the year. Also, Forte is getting an MRI.
Do you mean Khiari Fortt?
Quote:No he can't go on PUP because he's practiced in camp. PUP is only for guys who were placed on the list before camp and never practiced. He can go on IR with a designation to return, but only one player can get that designation so it would be tough to possibly waste it on a guy likely to just get hurt again given his injury history. I'm guessing Caldwell will IR him for the year or else carry him on the roster while listing him inactive throughout September and possibly into October.

Expanding on what you mentioned,   the other risk of using the one IR move with a designation to return on A. Benn is the unpredictability of injuries to other players on the Jaguars in the next few weeks.    An substantial but non-season ending injury could occur to a player that's even more important to the present and future of the Jaguars.    If the one IR move with a designation to return is used on Benn,   that will limit the team's flexibility with injuries if they become numerous.  

Probably the best decision would be to keep A. Benn on the 53 man roster early in the season,  as long as injuries don't severely limit the team's game day options.  
McCray was a knee contusion.

Fortt a meniscus.

I think Armbrister officially took Fortt's spot last night though, if he hadn't already.
I wouldnt IR Benn, they should just cut him, if he is healthy late in the year and we need a WR we can always resign him, nobody else is gonna be rushing to sign him. He is not good enough to put on IR return, and if you IR him you have no chance to get him later in the year.

Quote:I wouldnt IR Benn, they should just cut him, if he is healthy late in the year and we need a WR we can always resign him, nobody else is gonna be rushing to sign him. He is not good enough to put on IR return, and if you IR him you have no chance to get him later in the year.

They won't just cut him, he's injured
Quote:They won't just cut him, he's injured
waive injured 

Really sucks for Benn, he looked good from what I saw of him and was looking like he was going to make the 53.

Quote:McCray was a knee contusion.

Fortt a meniscus.

I think Armbrister officially took Fortt's spot last night though, if he hadn't already.

Fortt was probably a long shot anyway. Im still thinking they may look at the waiver wire for a veteran LB.
What about Reynolds? ,Also,if we keep benn would we keep 7 wrs? Arob,hurns,greene, Washington, walters, lee, and benn?
I wonder what it would take to sign Reggie Wayne? lol. We could probably get him on a cheap deal. I don't like Washington or Walters... Benn was the only good one out of that bunch imo.

Quote:What about Reynolds? ,Also,if we keep benn would we keep 7 wrs? Arob,hurns,greene, Washington, walters, lee, and benn?

They would probably keep 5 plus Benn.

ARob, Lee, Hurns, Greene, Washington. + Benn.

We run a TE centric offense anyway so it's not like that last WR is a major importance on the offense.
Quote:They won't just cut him, he's injured

They might, and honestly it's the best solution imo.
Pages: 1 2