Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rotoworld "Bortles seemed to panic when the Giants brought heavy pressure"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Such a crap writeup, they don't mention the three drops. The guy was composed and stood strong in the pocket the entire time he was in there, media outlets like rotoworld have a strong bias for guys like Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota, and Jameis Winston, they don't seem to like Bortles. I can't wait until he shuts them up.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9320/blake-bortles

Blake Bortles completed 8-of-16 passes for 98 yards in Saturday's preseason game against the Giants.

It was a night of ups and downs for the second-year signal caller. Bortles had a couple of good connections with top wideout Allen Robinson including a simple crossing route that went for a 36-yard gain. Of course, he also misfired on a number of throws and seemed to panic when the Giants brought heavy pressure on third down. He fumbled once but didn't commit any turnovers. Bortles played the whole first quarter and should see more time next week when the Jags host the Lions in their dress rehearsal for the regular season.

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;"> 

</div>
Kinda funny when Giants fans themselves are saying he looked like Montana against their D.

Looks like they didn't even watch the game. Probably caught a couple of highlights on a halftime show.
Do the Giant fans   remember that the Jags beat them last season?

Was RotoWorld watching the game I was???     biased reporting once again

They didn't even watch the game. Panic? He looked more comfortable than ever. He fumbled when he got hit, lol?

Teddy Bridgewater has been solid but he's dinked and dunked his way through two pre-season games, this is rotoworlds latest writeup on the second coming of Christ

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9274...ridgewater

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Teddy Bridgewater completed 10-of-14 passes for 89 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's preseason game against the Raiders.

Bridgewater was sharp for the second straight week, dropping a beautiful fade to Charles Johnson for a 10-yard score. The ascendant sophomore is now 17-of-22 for 175 yards (7.95 YPA) and a touchdown through two exhibition contests. He's on the QB1 borderline.
I did see bortles revert back to his long throwing motion when he was out of the pocket under pressure.
What a joke. Bortles rocked the pocket and pressure tonight.
Quote:I did see bortles revert back to his long throwing motion when he was out of the pocket under pressure.

When did he "panic" when pressured?
Quote:When did he "panic" when pressured?

He didnt panic, I just noticed his long throwing motion came back. Sometimes when under pressure, old habits return.
They obviously weren't watching the game very closely. Bortles had great pocket presence. What a bunch of tools.
Quote:I did see bortles revert back to his long throwing motion when he was out of the pocket under pressure.

I disagree, I don't think he's looked anything like the QB from last year.  Every throw I saw were on ropes.  Some were slightly off target true enough but he looks like a classic pocket passer, even when he was getting flushed out.
Quote:He didnt panic, I just noticed his long throwing motion came back. Sometimes when under pressure, old habits return.

How is this relevant to the conversation? The truth is he didn't "panic", he stood strong in the pocket and for the most part threw darts to his receiver, he evaded the rush with advanced pocket presence for a second year QB. If his receivers didn't drop 3 easy catches (at this level) his stats would've looked a lot better. 
Don't worry guys/gals. Until we start winning again, this will be how it is. Screw them all, DUVAAAAL! Lol

GO JAGS!
Complete propaganda.
Bortles looked better as a second year QB than the two time Super Bowl winning QB. Either way, a very sloppy game by both teams
Yeah thats [BLEEP]
Tool Time!!
I think they confused Eli for Blake
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5