Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Climate Change Expert Sentenced to 32 Months for Fraud, Says Lying Was a ‘Rush’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Can we trust anything these so called climate experts say?

Climate Change Expert Sentenced to 32 Months for Fraud, Says Lying Was a ‘Rush’

<div>The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison Wednesday for lying to his bosses and saying he was a CIA spy working in Pakistan so he could avoid doing his real job.

Read more at http://joemiller.us/2015/08/climate-chan...jPdD0QV.99
</div>

Quote:Can we trust anything these so called climate experts say?

Climate Change Expert Sentenced to 32 Months for Fraud, Says Lying Was a ‘Rush’

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison Wednesday for lying to his bosses and saying he was a CIA spy working in Pakistan so he could avoid doing his real job.

Read more at <a class="bbc_url" href='http://joemiller.us/2015/08/climate-change-expert-sentenced-to-32-months-for-fraud-says-lying-was-a-rush/#icEjHM1i9jPdD0QV.99'>http://joemiller.us/2015/08/climate-change-expert-sentenced-to-32-months-for-fraud-says-lying-was-a-rush/#icEjHM1i9jPdD0QV.99</a>
So this has nothing to do with climate change being a fraud? It's about an employee lying to their employer about being in the CIA while he "worked" for the EPA?

In that vein, can we trust anything these conservatives say after the Iraq debacle? See how silly that sounds?
Quote: 

<div>
Can we trust anything these so called climate experts say?

</div>
If they're talking about climate change, for the most part. If they mention working for the CIA, I'd question it.
Quote:If they're talking about climate change, for the most part. If they mention working for the CIA, I'd question it.
I certainly wouldn't trust anyone who works for the CIA.
So what was he really doing in Pakistan? Doesn't strike me as a place most people just want to visit for a prolonged period of time.
Was he even really in Pakistan?
Quote:Was he even really in Pakistan?

I'm sure Brian Williams knows.
So, one interesting note: I went hunting to make sure this was legit, being that I've never heard of "joemiller.us" before, and lots of "indy" blogs out there are known to, well, make (blank) up. Turns out this all went down in 2013. John Beale is in prison as we speak, scheduled to be released next year. The only reason I can come up with for this Joe Miller blog bringing it up now is to try and discredit climate change experts by making it seem like this is all happening right now. The blog's article includes no mention--none whatsoever--of this being a matter resolved with prison time in 2013.

Accurate? For the most part. Responsible? Not a chance. Slanted and massaged to fit an agenda? Extremely.

Quote: 

Accurate? For the most part. Responsible? Not a chance. Slanted and massaged to fit an agenda? Extremely.

Welcome to every news agency ever.
Quote:So, one interesting note: I went hunting to make sure this was legit, being that I've never heard of "joemiller.us" before, and lots of "indy" blogs out there are known to, well, make (blank) up. Turns out this all went down in 2013. John Beale is in prison as we speak, scheduled to be released next year. The only reason I can come up with for this Joe Miller blog bringing it up now is to try and discredit climate change experts by making it seem like this is all happening right now. The blog's article includes no mention--none whatsoever--of this being a matter resolved with prison time in 2013.

No Jagsibelieve break down on this yet? Must be working OT over the weekend.... I kid I kid... 
Quote:No Jagsibelieve break down on this yet? Must be working OT over the weekend.... I kid I kid... 

Actually, I saw this yesterday and was happy in my mind that TJBender actually did the research on this for himself.  I can't say that I disagree with his findings.   :thumbsup:
Quote:No Jagsibelieve break down on this yet? Must be working OT over the weekend.... I kid I kid... 
He liked the post. We're on the same page. Wink
Quote:Actually, I saw this yesterday and was happy in my mind that TJBender actually did the research on this for himself.  I can't say that I disagree with his findings.   :thumbsup:
Are you suggesting that I don't do any research? Sad
Quote:Are you suggesting that I don't do any research? Sad

LOL, not at all.  One thing that I try to encourage people to do when debating on a message board type of forum is to do some research rather than just post talking points.  Find out what the truth is.
Quote:LOL, not at all. One thing that I try to encourage people to do when debating on a message board type of forum is to do some research rather than just post talking points. Find out what the truth is.

Irony...overwhelming.