Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida shooting range gets green light to sell booze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Florida shooting range gets green light to sell booze

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Daytona Beach city commissioners have given approval to an indoor shooting range that will include a restaurant that sells alcoholic beverages.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-shoo...ell-booze/

Guns and booze mix well. I remember that distinctly when my father taught me to handle a gun growing up.
Quote:Guns and booze mix well. I remember that distinctly when my father taught me to handle a gun growing up.

Same here.

Two things I love, but never mix.

There's just no logic with this decision.

All they see is revenue, and their "share."
Quote:Same here.

Side effects include it being an automatic Muslim free zone due to the booze.

Jokes aside, you are right all about that money.
Quote:Same here.

Maybe they're also in cahoots with the local hospital?
[Image: pvi3d.jpg]

Once again, a misleading headline.  If I was the owner of the shooting range, I personally wouldn't take the risk, but what is described in the article is certainly not out of the question.  It's not like it's a "bar where you can go drink and shoot guns".

Meh, self correcting problem.
Quote:Once again, a misleading headline.  If I was the owner of the shooting range, I personally wouldn't take the risk, but what is described in the article is certainly not out of the question.  It's not like it's a "bar where you can go drink and shoot guns".

Be aware that the reporters who write the stories don't write the headlines. Editors who frequently don't have a clue about what's actually reported write the headlines.

Quote:Be aware that the reporters who write the stories don't write the headlines. Editors who frequently don't have a clue about what's actually reported write the headlines.

Oh I'm very well aware of that fact.  It happens quite often.  Headlines are made to attract readers.