Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags To Play Game In London Through 2030?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shoving it La Canfora's face I see...

It wouldn't surprise me. Although that takes it past the team's current lease.

this would be *really* good news.

Well, I'm not going to complain. As long as the remaining home games are played in Jacksonville.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rough-2030

I think it's a crucial part of our franchise, to be able to play games there, to get the recognition and get the fan base," he said. "We have invested here and we want to invest obviously in London, and we want to have a long-term horizon to be able to do that" said Khan

--------------------------------

It would seem as for now the Jaguars are the unofficial home team for London fans.
It kinda sucks having to share the team with London. I know we have some cool guys from Europe on this message board, but for season ticket holders it sucks to lose that 8th home game. Although I do like how much exposure the team gets and how hyped up the games are over there, so that's a plus. As long as they keep the remaining home games here, i'll be okay with it. I wonder if we'll finally win a game over there this season. 

What other NFL team can say that they essentially own another country.

Jags - way ahead of the times.

I wonder if this could create an advantage for us in the long run. The team will be use to playing in London and know exactly how to prepare so jet lag and other factors aren't an issue. If a team that hasn't been there ends up going, they could have a hard time adjusting that week and it could be 10x worse than going from the east coast to the west coast

Quote:I wonder if this could create an advantage for us in the long run. The team will be use to playing in London and know exactly how to prepare so jet lag and other factors aren't an issue. If a team that hasn't been there ends up going, they could have a hard time adjusting that week and it could be 10x worse than going from the east coast to the west coast

A reporter brought up to Khan that the Jaguars lose their homefield advantage by playing in London, and this is precisely the point Khan made in response.