Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Loston starting at SS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Interesting he's starting over Evans. Could Loston make this roster over Evans?

Was very high on him during the 2014 draft. Thought we should have drafted him in the middle rounds and was pumped when we got him as an UDFA.
It's not like Evans has proven to be a reliable option as a starter. If the Jags keep four safeties and Loston's better on special teams and serviceable in the base package, I could see it. Loston's also closer to being a true Cyprien backup than Evans would ever be.

Loston was a beast at LSU.  I've been waiting for him to shine.  Hopefully he does now that he has a chance.  

Weird on the Jaguars depth chart it still shows Evans

http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html

The depth chart online is not representative of the depth chart on a clipboard in Gus Bradley's office.

I think it's a great test for Loston. Let's see what you got kid.
Quote:Loston was a beast at LSU. I've been waiting for him to shine. Hopefully he does now that he has a chance.

I remember watching his highlights. Hopefully he lays some big hits like he used to.
He's had a pretty solid camp per all the reports. I hope he has a good outing against the G-Men.
Quote:I think it's a great test for Loston. Let's see what you got kid.

This.

Saw him make a couple plays last week, specifically on ST. Looked fast. Let's get it!
So who had josh Evans in the surprise cut thread? Would be qualify?
Quote:So who had josh Evans in the surprise cut thread? Would be qualify?

I did.

Although IMO the more likely scenario right now is just wanting to see what Loston can do with the starters. They already know what Evans gives them.
Is Sample playing Saturday?

Quote:Is Sample playing Saturday?
No,and Gus said they will re-evaluate him next week
Quote:I did.

Although IMO the more likely scenario right now is just wanting to see what Loston can do with the starters. They already know what Evans gives them.

That is what I am thinking
The big problem with Evans at FS was that he never wrapped up his tackles rather he would drive at the WRs legs to take them out. I am not sure that is a good strategy for a SS which must do a bunch more tackling.

Not to get excited after a few series but he's doing really well out there now. I mean it is the Giants but still.

His helmet is playing bad.

He needs to put his lid on tighter but other then that he looked good. We actually had safeties near the ball tonight on those deep passes. I think Safety was our weakest position coming into the season since we didn't land McCourtey.

He needs to tighten his chinstrap. He played ok out there. He was always in position but I don't really see him as a playmaker.
Pages: 1 2