Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Daily Storms? Worse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is my memory just short or are the storms practically every day getting worse? Sure, summer in Florida, afternoon thunderstorms. I remember a 15 min pour, some boomers maybe and then watching the steam come off the blacktop.

Now? Ma Nature ain't playin.

Does this summer seem worse than normal? Besides hurricanes, this is one getting hammered summer afternoon.
Nope,like any summer afternoon storms in the past from my perspective.

Quote:Is my memory just short or are the storms practically every day getting worse? Sure, summer in Florida, afternoon thunderstorms. I remember a 15 min pour, some boomers maybe and then watching the steam come off the blacktop.

Now? Ma Nature ain't playin.

Does this summer seem worse than normal? Besides hurricanes, this is one getting hammered summer afternoon.

Depends on what you mean by "normal".  There are stretches were it's milder, that's true.  We went through a stretch about 7 years ago or so where the state was practically burning down because there wasn't enough rain.  But I can remember years before that when it was worse with the thunderstorms than it is this year.  So while it's an active storm season, it's not abnormally so.
Try the eastern plains of Colorado in late May and early June on for size. Tongue

I agree.  They are worse.  They appear to be rolling in from the West, whereas 15 years ago they used to develop overhead from the humidity -- you could actually see the clouds develop over the course of 45 minutes in the past.   My office has a 4th floor window facing North @ JTB on Gate Parkway so I'm getting a great view of the monsoon type extended storms we're experiencing.

Having played or coached football for almost 30 years keeping an eye on storms and when they may pop up has been a pretty big part of my life. The storms this summer haven't been any worse, or abnormal then your typical rainy season here in Florida. 

I think a couple teams and I can claim some of these storms too. As players, we use to put on a pretty mean rain dance in the hopes of getting a cancelled shortened or cancelled....