Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts Vs Philly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Indy looks to have a case of fumblitis. Secondary looks very vulnerable also
Their defense is still atrocious.

The Eagles have almost 300 yards of offense in the first half.

Quote:Their defense is still atrocious.

The Eagles have almost 300 yards of offense in the first half.
Yeah. Once again Luck has his work cut out for him. They'll crush a bad team and get spanked by playoff contenders again.
Colt fans will probably suggest that they're running a vanilla defense, but in reality Pagano is very uncreative. As a defensive HC, his lackadaisical scheme is shameful. I also remember Pagano wanting to run the ball. Fission Mailed. Did not like that he pulled Luck before completing the drive either. Wouldn't surprise me to see them pulling starters near the end of the regular season, entering the postseason cold. I don't see the Colts pushing for the Championship. They seem perfectly content cakewalking through the easiest division in sports then laying an egg in the playoffs. Luck is capable of winning the Super Bowl, but not until they fire Pagano, get rid of Irsay, and address their rungame
Quote:Colt fans will probably suggest that they're running a vanilla defense, but in reality Pagano is very uncreative. As a defensive HC, his lackadaisical scheme is shameful. I also remember Pagano wanting to run the ball. Fission Mailed. Did not like that he pulled Luck before completing the drive either. Wouldn't surprise me to see them pulling starters near the end of the regular season, entering the postseason cold. I don't see the Colts pushing for the Championship. They seem perfectly content cakewalking through the easiest division in sports then laying an egg in the playoffs. Luck is capable of winning the Super Bowl, but not until they fire Pagano, get rid of Irsay, and address their rungame

Its not just Pagano, they've always been terrible on defense, even when Dungy was there. Its gotta be some kind of generational curse for the Baltimore move.
Grigson should get most of the blame. He's ignored defense in the draft.
Just wait until Luck gets his new deal in the neighborhood of $25-30M a year.

How much of the salary cap will be left to improve their defense, which is definitely the weak link of their team.

Quote:Just wait until Luck gets his new deal in the neighborhood of $25-30M a year.

How much of the salary cap will be left to improve their defense, which is definitely the weak link of their team.

According to Over The Cap they only have $11mil available after the TY deal. Idk how they even sign Luck to the rumored size deal at this point
Quote:According to Over The Cap they only have $11mil available after the TY deal. Idk how they even sign Luck to the rumored size deal at this point

Salary Cap is expected to really go up over next couple of years. 2016 is the first year the new TV deal is counted and its possible the cap will be 160 million. Seems no teams are going to be worried about the cap.
Quote:Salary Cap is expected to really go up over next couple of years. 2016 is the first year the new TV deal is counted and its possible the cap will be 160 million. Seems no teams are going to be worried about the cap.

They're still spending an awful amount of money without even trying to address their weaknesses
If Seattle can afford all those contracts, I'm confident the Colts will find a way to keep Luck. I doubt they forgot about the face of their franchise. The problem is, they should've been trying harder to take advantage of his rookie deal. I find it hard to believe they're even remotely worried about the cap. They tied up Vontae, TY, and will make Luck the highest paid player in league history. Three players shouldn't be hard to manage financially.
The Eagles looked really good, hard to tell if Colts look that bad or Eagles looked that good?

Quote:The Eagles looked really good, hard to tell if Colts look that bad or Eagles looked that good?

I think the Colts looked bad. Philly had open receivers all day. Algohlor had a VERY nice screen catch and run though. He's going to be good.
Quote:The Eagles looked really good, hard to tell if Colts look that bad or Eagles looked that good?

Still don't have a QB
Quote:Still don't have a QB

B-b-b-but Tebow!!!!!!
Championship

[Image: 18555717-mmmain.jpg]

Quote:Championship

ESPN is drooling over him
Quote:If Seattle can afford all those contracts, I'm confident the Colts will find a way to keep Luck. I doubt they forgot about the face of their franchise. The problem is, they should've been trying harder to take advantage of his rookie deal. I find it hard to believe they're even remotely worried about the cap. They tied up Vontae, TY, and will make Luck the highest paid player in league history. Three players shouldn't be hard to manage financially.

It's not keeping Luck that's the issue. It's keeping Luck and improving a porous defense.

Colts have a lot of old players who will retire or get cut soon. They'd cut half the team to keep Luck if they had to ... and they don't. First years of contracts are generally very light on the salary cap. No reason to expect much salary cap related backsliding, but there's also no reason to expect them to break out of their 15 year mold of offense as first, second and third priorities.

If there was ever a time for a new philosophy, it was with Luck's rookie deal saving them a ton of bucks relative to Manning-year contracts. I do find it hard to believe they spent on offense again this offseason and stood pat on D. Hard to see them getting to the Super Bowl if the Pats can hang 45 on them again (only 42 in the regular season, though!).

They better hope none of the AFC South offenses pick up much. Both the Titans and Jaguars have at least some reason to expect offensive improvement, and Indy's stranglehold on the division isn't quite as strong as people believe. They were lucky not to lose the game in Houston last season, and only managed 17 points when the Texans came to Indy. Fortunately for them, they got to face a rookie QB in his NFL debut for three quarters, so the Texans did even less. 

The Colts looked really bad. However, the starting CB V. Davis didn't play and neither did the starting nickle back, D. Butler. On offense, T.Y. didn't play, and neither did Moncrief, Frank Gore, or Boom Herron. So basically, the #1 and #2 receivers didn't play and neither did the team's #1 and #2 RBs or the #1 CB.

Regarding the Colt's defense: The Colts drafted on offense in the 1st round and then proceeded to draft defensively in the subsequent 4 rounds, 2-6th rounds (this has gone completely unnoticed). They drafted a CB, Safety, DT, and another DT. They also signed DT Kendall Langford and Trent Cole in the off season. Obviously, when you think about the Colts, you will think about their offense, but strides have been made to shore up the defense. They have bettered their defensive ranking every year in the Luck regime.

Quote:Championship

He's making that entire team look good.  Heck, even their defense got better with this presence on the sidelines.

#Inspirational
Pages: 1 2