Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So I just went to McDonalds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't believe they do not put the cost of their french fries on the menu anymore (at least at my local McDonalds).  Ok so french fries makes up an extremely large cost of your business revenue, but you are not going to tell your customers the price.

It's kind of like one thing with this society now, for example a lot of restaurants you go to now do not put the price of a soda on their menu.

I just get amazed everyday by some of the things in our society.

Stepping down from soapbox now.

I think that's mostly because they don't want you to buy just fries or just a burger but rather the value meal. The total profit margin margin might be lower but they make more in absolute dollars. 

Some advice.....

You let this restaurant know by ceasing your patronage.  Consumers have more power than they recognize.  Once your money exponentially grows, so does your power and control over those that want to separate you from your money.

Let me ask you.....did you purchase anything from the restaurant or did you choose to save or spend your money elsewhere?

Quote:I can't believe they do not put the cost of their french fries on the menu anymore (at least at my local McDonalds).  Ok so french fries makes up an extremely large cost of your business revenue, but you are not going to tell your customers the price.

It's kind of like one thing with this society now, for example a lot of restaurants you go to now do not put the price of a soda on their menu.

Here's something to noodle for a bit.  How much does it really cost to make your own say medium order of fries yourself?
Quote:Here's something to noodle for a bit.  How much does it really cost to make your own say medium order of fries yourself?

More than it would cost to just buy them.
Your problem started with going to McDonalds.

Quote:Your problem started with going to McDonalds.

Beat me to it.
Quote:I can't believe they do not put the cost of their french fries on the menu anymore (at least at my local McDonalds).  Ok so french fries makes up an extremely large cost of your business revenue, but you are not going to tell your customers the price.

Relax, this is a preemptive strike.  Once the minimum wage goes to $15 an hour McDonald's will be a 5 star restaurant.
McDonald's french fries are the only reason to go there. Be happy there is something worth buying, never mind the cost.

I don't think he was complaining about the price.  He was complaining about them not putting the price on the menu.  I hate when restaurants do that too.  (I haven't gone to McDonalds in probably three years personally)  

Quote:Here's something to noodle for a bit.  How much does it really cost to make your own say medium order of fries yourself?

Upfront it would probably cost more, but I could imagine it being a lot cheaper when you're talking per medium order, potatoes in general are dirt cheap. 

Eating the food from McDonalds is scarier than the outdated clown showing up at your birthday party.

Please do not eat the toxic food from there.

Quote:Eating the food from McDonalds is scarier than the outdated clown showing up at your birthday party.

Please do not eat the toxic food from there.

No it's not...clowns are pretty damn scary! I'd rather take my chances with McDonalds!!
By not putting the price on the menu, they are free to change the price without anyone being able to notice until they get their receipt, or if they care to ask in advance.

Other industries have much stricter rules re: advertised pricing.

If the sign outside doesn't match what's pumping at the gas pumps, state officials can chain the doors shut on a fuel center until the person on duty gets the advertised price right.

I am not a regular McDonalds eater, and have not been to one in quite some time. But I don't remember them not having prices listed.

You guys are a bunch of McDonald's snobs!

I have not gone there in a few months, but if I may suggest a life changing experience to any of you that don't mind slumming it over at the golden arches, order a big Mac with quarter pounder patties. You'll feel like that dude at the end of 2001--blow your mind, man
Quote:In related news; <a class="bbc_url" href='https://i.imgur.com/SFofwKb.gifv'>this is what McDonald's looks like in Taiwan. </a>

You're lovin' it, I'm sure.
$2.50 or so for the raw materials, $1,000 for my homeowners' insurance deductible when I burn the house down with the deep fryer.
Quote:You guys are a bunch of McDonald's snobs!

I have not gone there in a few months, but if I may suggest a life changing experience to any of you that don't mind slumming it over at the golden arches, order a big Mac with quarter pounder patties. You'll feel like that dude at the end of 2001--blow your mind, man
I raise you the Land, Sea, and Air Sandwich:

[Image: mcdonalds-land-sea-and-air-burger.jpg]
Pages: 1 2