Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Corrine Brown not happy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Corrine Brown is not happy with the proposed redistricting map.  Here is the first draft of the map, and I must say that I like it much better, even though I would still be in her district.  There is a very good chance that we could finally vote her out and be rid of her.

One thing of interest in this report from First Coast News is the last line of the story.

"The district that they(State Senate) put on the table will not elect an African-American," said Brown.

Call me crazy, but I believe that politicians are elected not for their race, but for their policies.

"The district that they(State Senate) put on the table will not elect an African-American," said Brown.

This is why Corrine is a piece of trash.. If she has to rely on the skin color of the voters to keep her in office, she's doing it wrong.. 

Quote:"The district that they(State Senate) put on the table will not elect an African-American," said Brown.

This is why Corrine is a piece of trash.. If she has to rely on the skin color of the voters to keep her in office, she's doing it wrong.. 

But... but... racist!
She is awful.
Quote:But... but... racist!

I'm sure the "usual suspect" will enter the thread at some point and try to validate her motives.. 
Which district would she run in?

Quote:Which district would she run in?

District 5.  Do a google search of her current district and look at the change.
Wait, you're telling me that at some point in her political career, Corinne Brown has publicly expressed happiness?

Her district is shaped like a serpent for a reason..

Quote:District 5.  Do a google search of her current district and look at the change.

It's a huge change. Her old district sort of followed the St Johns river. The new 5th district is along the Georgia border. That's why I asked.

Quote:It's a huge change. Her old district sort of followed the St Johns river. The new 5th district is along the Georgia border. That's why I asked.

Actually, her current district followed the railroad tracks.
I certainly agree districts should not be drawn up to benefit a party or an incumbent. Her old district was drawn very strangely. 

Quote:I certainly agree districts should not be drawn up to benefit a party or an incumbent. Her old district was drawn very strangely. 
Don't worry, she'll find a way to stay in office. Maybe arrange for 25,000 or so of her old constituents to "move" to district 5 for a few days in November.
Quote:Don't worry, she'll find a way to stay in office. Maybe arrange for 25,000 or so of her old constituents to "move" to district 5 for a few days in November.

Smile
Quote:Corrine Brown is not happy with the proposed redistricting map.  <a class="bbc_url" href='http://maps.flsenate.gov/de1/map.html?plan=h000c9065'>Here is the first draft of the map</a>, and I must say that I like it much better, even though I would still be in her district.  There is a very good chance that we could finally vote her out and be rid of her.

One thing of interest in <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/08/06/corrine-brown-federal-lawsuit-redistricting/31213793/'>this report</a> from First Coast News is the last line of the story.

Call me crazy, but I believe that politicians are elected not for their race, but for their policies.

If that were so then Brown wouldn't be in office.
Gerrymandering is a way to game the republican system.  

I don't live in Florida, so I'm not privy to this particular politician, but whenever you see a district that is set up in a serpentine fashion, you know something fishy is going on.
Quote:Gerrymandering is a way to game the republican system.  

I don't live in Florida, so I'm not privy to this particular politician, but whenever you see a district that is set up in a serpentine fashion, you know something fishy is going on.
She is a cancer to the system. Has been for years. I lived in her district at one point and voted for the other person just because she's so bad. But there are people who 'love' her.
Quote:Gerrymandering is a way to game the republican system.  

These "majority-minority" districts were originally set up by the Dems to Pub opposition. Corrine Brown's is rather, shall we say, oddly shaped. When the Pubs saw that putting so many Dems into one district was beneficial to their overall success they jumped on the bandwagon.

But a fairly recent amendment to the Florida Constitution requires reasonably shaped districts. There is no way to get a  "majority-minority" district and still satisfy the constitution.

Tax dollars at work...........yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A

Quote:Tax dollars at work...........yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A

Words...  Can't...  Describe...

Should...  Have...  Sent....  A Poet...[Image: Contact_jodie_foster.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3