Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Electronic question..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have this kenwood am Fm stereo receiver..

It has an A and B channel with a total of 4 speaker inputs 2 per side..

I got it and the ex owner crossed out the model and product numbers..

Why he did that I have no idea..

My question is it has 2 outlets on the back..

The outlets say switched 200 Watts max.. Then another says 200 Watts unswitched..

The question is does that make it 200 Watts per A and B channel which is 400 Watts total??..

My friend said he thinks that means its 200 per A and B channel.. But I figured u ask u guys..

Cuz u guys seem to be smart on stuff like this..

Thanx guys i appreciate the help its been a pleasure Thanx..
I do know I have 2 onkyo floor speakers..

Skf 4800 onkyo 2 way floor speakers.. I also have the original CD player.. It so loud even with the bass on 0 treble on plus 10 loudness on..

With that sound I got setup with the bass and treble in the last sentence..

It starts to really crank on volume 2 which is quarter way..
Did I just time travel?
Quote:Did I just time travel?

I wonder if it has a minidisc player..
Just keep it under 200watts. Nobody needs to hear anything over 200watts
He did that because the equipment was stolen.
Quote:He did that because the equipment was stolen.
I was thinking the same thing.
Quote:He did that because the equipment was stolen.
Bingo.
It's hot...and not in any kind of good way. 

Anyway, I'll take a stab and say 200W total. You're welcome. Smile

Quote:Bingo.

Wow omg if that's the case in either burning this thing lol or in just gonna ditch it..
Hero, didn't you ask the same exact question a few months ago?

How many receivers do you own?
Who crosses out product numbers unless they are hiding something??
Quote:Who crosses out product numbers unless they are hiding something??

Only an idiot.  A serial number I can understand, but a model number?
Quote:Hero, didn't you ask the same exact question a few months ago?

How many receivers do you own?

More like how many is he trying to sell?
Quote:I have this kenwood am Fm stereo receiver..

It has an A and B channel with a total of 4 speaker inputs 2 per side..

I got it and the ex owner crossed out the model and product numbers..

Why he did that I have no idea..

My question is it has 2 outlets on the back..

The outlets say switched 200 Watts max.. Then another says 200 Watts unswitched..

The question is does that make it 200 Watts per A and B channel which is 400 Watts total??..

My friend said he thinks that means its 200 per A and B channel.. But I figured u ask u guys..

Cuz u guys seem to be smart on stuff like this..

Thanx guys i appreciate the help its been a pleasure Thanx..

To answer your question.  The outlet that is "switched" means that it only has power when you press the power button on the front.  "Unswitched" means that there is power on that outlet all of the time regardless whether or not you press the power button on the front.  It also means that in both cases you can only put something on those power connections that draws a max of 200 Watts.  It has nothing to do with the sound.

You can verify it by plugging say a CD player into the "switched" outlet.  It won't turn on unless the receiver is on.  Plug it into the "unswitched" outlet and it will turn on regardless if the receiver is turned on or not.
Basically by-passing the auxiliary on your car/truck, so you can blast your music in without a key in ignition which can lead to dead battery pretty quick if you forget to turn ot off.

If you cross the wires and put 4 wites into 2 you can double your watts on 2 channel instead of 4.

But if your looking for loud sound best go invest in a amp for your car/truck
Hi all I'm back with some info finally on my receiver.. The model number was on there.. The system aint stolen like yall thought it was.. He bought it and even had the original box to it i seen it.. Its an older model kenwood kr-a5040.. Its 80 Watts per channel x 2 and x 4.. The messed up thing is i use the original Xbox for cds.. The Xbox is 100 Watts without my 203 watt power box charger that came with the system.. So with that 100 Watts that makes my receiver 105 Watts x 4 and 130 Watts x 2 in stereo..

The other messed up thing is I just bought 2 floor speakers onkyo 130 watt skf-4800 speakers.. They match my receiver dead on 130 Watts x 2.. It so loud that when I turn the nob quarter way it so loud I turn it down Cruz it makes me shake lol..

I got these speakers and didn't know that with the Xbox it matches my receiver.. What a heck of surprise huh..
I bet Boyz 2 men sounds epic on that thang
Hero for some reason I imagine your house is full head to toe with hundreds of speakers which you play loudly 24/7 and keep the neighbours up!
I have a radio at home.  It turns off and on, and music comes out of it.

Pages: 1 2