Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Put Dwayne gratz at free safety..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That would obviously put colvin opposite McCray for the other starting cb spot.. Just throwing it out there.. I know our cb are good.. We have good starters at as and fs in cyprien and brown.. But with James sample questionable to start the season.. We need depth at safety.. Gratz would be a good option..
Pretty sure Gus has said no cb to safety switches. Sample will be fine just a broke arm and bones heal fairly quickly when young.
Quote:That would obviously put colvin opposite McCray for the other starting cb spot.. Just throwing it out there.. I know our cb are good.. We have good starters at as and fs in cyprien and brown.. But with James sample questionable to start the season.. We need depth at safety.. Gratz would be a good option..

I am still trying to process this thread not being about receivers
Quote:That would obviously put colvin opposite McCray for the other starting cb spot.. Just throwing it out there.. I know our cb are good.. We have good starters at as and fs in cyprien and brown.. But with James sample questionable to start the season.. We need depth at safety.. Gratz would be a good option..

What will happen when Blackmon comes back?
gratz blackmon sample brown evans

Quote:gratz blackmon sample brown evans

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA well played.
As I've said before, it's not like free safety has exactly been a team strength since Bradley took over. It's also not like Dwyane Gratz has been indispensable at corner. Logically speaking, if the coaches thought Gratz offered more at free safety than even Josh Evans did, he'd have been moved there by now.

/thread
Gratz can be a good cover safety, he sticks to receivers like bubblegum.

Ba-dum, tsssss.

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.
If our safeties are the glaring weakness of the team again I don't know why we wouldn't make a switch like we did with Mathis. I know the organization tried to get nice help but it seems like a wild card at this point.