Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dairy Queen Blizzard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't forget to get out to DQ and get yourself a Blizzard while they're still open.  All proceeds benefit the Children's Miracle Network today.

And it's a good excuse reason to go get some ice cream.

Nothing tops the banana split flavor!  I will have to go grab one.

Oreo blizzard!! Banana
In much the same way that Taco Bell does not serve "meat", I occasionally wonder how much of what DQ serves is actually ice cream.

Quote:Oreo blizzard!! Banana

Now I must get one.   :yes:
Wish I knew about this yesterday.  My kids would have loved a blizzard.  Unfortunately, we don't have a dairy queen nearby.  I think the closest one is a half hour drive.  

We have a MUCH MUCH MUCH better ice cream place not too far away anyway.  It was named by some places as one of the best ice cream places in the US.  

I used to live in the northern suburbs of Philly.  We had three different dairy farms we use to go to.  My favorite and closest was Tanner Brothers Dairy.  They gave you an ungodly amount of fresh ice cream at a very modest price, and you could sit in the parking lot and watch the cows while you were eating it.   Smile   The kids loved that part and I'd take the dogs on occasion because they didn't know what to make of the cows and I was easily amused by their behavior.  

I always try to stop when I go up to visit family.

Dairy Queen isn't bad for a quick fix.  I just happened to see the story on the morning news all week.

Quote:Wish I knew about this yesterday.  My kids would have loved a blizzard.  Unfortunately, we don't have a dairy queen nearby.  I think the closest one is a half hour drive.  

We have a MUCH MUCH MUCH better ice cream place not too far away anyway.  It was named by some places as one of the best ice cream places in the US.  

Dreamette?
Quote:I used to live in the northern suburbs of Philly.  We had three different dairy farms we use to go to.  My favorite and closest was Tanner Brothers Dairy.  They gave you an ungodly amount of fresh ice cream at a very modest price, and you could sit in the parking lot and watch the cows while you were eating it.   Smile   The kids loved that part and I'd take the dogs on occasion because they didn't know what to make of the cows and I was easily amused by their behavior.  

I always try to stop when I go up to visit family.

Dairy Queen isn't bad for a quick fix.  I just happened to see the story on the morning news all week.

Look, I quoted my own post.

While I'm on the above subject, is there anything around the Jacksonville are like I mention above?  I've never really looked.
Quote:Look, I quoted my own post.

While I'm on the above subject, is there anything around the Jacksonville are like I mention above? I've never really looked.

You don't spell Jacksonville with an 'are'.
Quote:Dreamette?

I don't live in Jacksonville.

Carl's has amazing ice cream.  They've only got three flavors, but that's all they really need.  They use machines that they don't make any more for their ice cream.  There's only 9 left in the world I think, and they own 6 of them.  It's registered as a historic place.  
Quote:You don't spell Jacksonville with an 'are'.

That's French.
I'm still miffed they discontinued Nerds blizzards. Like it is too hard to keep some Nerds candy on hand!?
Quote:I'm still miffed they discontinued Nerds blizzards. Like it is too hard to keep some Nerds candy on hand!?

That doesn't even sound good. :no:
Strawberry cheesequake blizzard 

Quote:You don't spell Jacksonville with an 'are'.

Maybe he's a pirate, or secretly wants to be one.