Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Storm Johnson Placed on...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Active/Non Football Illness List" according to Jaguars.com.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...f0d9bca277

Later in the article, they called it the "non football injury list."

If it is the former, I wonder what is wrong with him.  What kind of illness is serious enough to keep him out of such an important training camp for him.

If it is the latter, I wonder how he hurt himself.

Tough break for him.

With the RBs having the year they had last year, this was a year he could have competed for a starting job if he performed well enough this preseason.

But he was at or near the bottom of the depth chart at the position anyway, and now he won't be at camp for a while.

For his sake, I hope he gets better...fast.

He shouldn't take the time off for Grant-ed.
Sorry, but he wasnt competing for a starting job. Who told you that?
Prolly ate some bad taco bell..

Quote:Prolly ate some bad taco bell..
There's such a thing as "not bad" Taco Bell?
#becausejaguars?
Poor guy.... Hope the best for him.

Quote:There's such a thing as "not bad" Taco Bell?

I actually had that chicken/bacon chalupa (sp?) for lunch today. Was damn good.
Quote:#becausejaguars?
At best, he's our fourth-string running back. I don't think that's enough to invoke #becausejaguars.
Quote:#becausejaguars?

He's like fifth string
they've only been stringing him along #becauseBlake'sboy
He was never competing for a starting job. He's not even competing for the backup spot. He's competing to stay on the roster.

There goes our chance at the Superb owl.
Quote:Sorry, but he wasnt competing for a starting job. Who told you that?

The statement was predicated in part on last year's performance by the running game overall, the possibility he could have improved, the possibility the team somehow missed on Yeldon, and this team's recent history in playing low drafted players.

Not saying he was the odds on favorite to win the job, but sometimes guys get a chance at the right times and things work out

His stay on that list precludes that from happening.
bubble guy

I don't see him sticking around

Quote:At best, he's our fourth-string running back. I don't think that's enough to invoke #becausejaguars.

Quote:He's like fifth string
double whoosh !!
Quote:He shouldn't take the time off for Grant-ed.

Hehe, I had a dream that I was watching a Jaguars game this season and Corey Grant had ran back a kickoff for a Touchdown and the announcer couldn't stop talking about how great Yeldon & Grant were playing this season....

Hopefully that dream comes true.
When Storm is competing to be the 4th or 5th RB, and not being mentioned as having special teams return value, he is in roster trouble.  This injury list designation does not help his case.   

There's been some speculation/rumblings he was a bit out of shape and couldn't pass the physical.
Quote:There's been some speculation/rumblings he was a bit out of shape and couldn't pass the physical.

Caldwell said that storm has a chance "if he comes back in good shape" way back even before the draft. If he truly did fail his physical, it's funny how true caldwells statement really was
Pages: 1 2