Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Report: The Leader of the Taliban Mullah Omar Has Been Dead For The Past Two Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33703097

He allegedly died of tuberculosis and was treated in a Pakistani hospital.

It's possible, but not conclusive.  Only DNA evidence will prove it rather than a press release from some Afghanistan Intelligence Agency.  I'm curious as to what The White House is calling "credible" regarding the reports.

Quote:It's possible, but not conclusive.  Only DNA evidence will prove it rather than a press release from some Afghanistan Intelligence Agency.  I'm curious as to what The White House is calling "credible" regarding the reports.
There's some speculation that these reports are connected to the ongoing peace talks in Afghanistan. Do you think that Mullah Omar or any Taliban leader actually wants peace? or are they playing us just like the NVA did at the Paris Peace Talks?
Quote:There's some speculation that these reports are connected to the ongoing peace talks in Afghanistan. Do you think that Mullah Omar or any Taliban leader actually wants peace? or are they playing us just like the NVA did at the Paris Peace Talks?

I don't have much of an opinion right now.  I personally don't believe this administration calling anything "credible", especially if the "intelligence" comes from the Afghanistan Intelligence Agency.  I'm curious as to what this administration is calling "credible".  The only real "proof" is DNA and possibly photos taken by us, not an agency connected to a shaky at best government.

My theory is that we are using this as a "reason" for pulling out of Afghanistan.  There is no doubt about it, the Taliban is not interested in "peace" at all.  The Afghan "government" is also not interested in peace.  They are more corrupt than our own government.
Perfectly good and logical explanation.. The Taliban Zombie Apocalypse has begun..

[Image: 2hcoyec.jpg]