Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Camping with FBT?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will it happen?! I look forward to those updates every year for those of us who can't be there. Keep waiting to see when it will start... If it doesn't can someone else step up!?
Ditto. FBT does a great job keeping those who can't attend informed. Hope he keeps it up!
I asked him a few weeks back in a thread and he indicated he would do them this year.

He will do them. He does them every year.
Quote:He will do them. He does them every year.
He did not do them last year, but most years he does.
Maybe I am wrong but it seems like fewer public training camp sessions than normal this year.

Quote:Maybe I am wrong but it seems like fewer public training camp sessions than normal this year.

They've been gradually reducing the number of practices open to the public over the past couple of years.  I think they're down 3 or 4 sessions from last year. 

Quote:He did not do them last year, but most years he does.

Last year was unique.  I should be out there for at least half the sessions this year.  Trying to juggle my schedule.

raweyejag

Look forward to seeing you this Friday am
I do enjoy the reports since I'm not in Jacksonville.
Love getting some news from camp. Specially since I'm so far from Jacksonville.

Quote:They've been gradually reducing the number of practices open to the public over the past couple of years.  I think they're down 3 or 4 sessions from last year. 

Last year was unique.  I should be out there for at least half the sessions this year.  Trying to juggle my schedule.

I miss the night practices too. Seems like they were a regular occurrence under JDR. The only one on the books is the one at Mandarin High and I cannot imagine what the traffic will be like for that one.
Thanks for all the replies. And big thanks to FBT. Might not say it enough but its something we look forward to, your reports are great for those who can't make it. And we thank and appreciate you!
Quote:I miss the night practices too. Seems like they were a regular occurrence under JDR. The only one on the books is the one at Mandarin High and I cannot imagine what the traffic will be like for that one.

The night practices were nice, but often under thread of bad weather.  The AM practices are still early enough that it's not 1000 degrees with 999% humidity. 

Under the new CBA, they can't even do 2 a days.  That's good for those of us who tried to attend every practice as it got a little challenging.  It sucks because we're seeing fewer and fewer practices open to the public.  I won't even bother with the practice at MHS.  If it's anything like last year, it's going to be a circus.  Traffic will be a nightmare.
FBT...thanks for the reporting from season's past and hopefully this year.  I only make a couple practices due to work conflicts.  It is greatly appreciated!

Quote:They've been gradually reducing the number of practices open to the public over the past couple of years. I think they're down 3 or 4 sessions from last year.

Last year was unique. I should be out there for at least half the sessions this year. Trying to juggle my schedule.

Juggle away. Don't forget your admiring fans that depends on your reports.
It sure is nice being able to read detailed analysis of what happened at camp, especially since i live so far away.
Quote:The night practices were nice, but often under thread of bad weather.  The AM practices are still early enough that it's not 1000 degrees with 999% humidity. 

Under the new CBA, they can't even do 2 a days.  That's good for those of us who tried to attend every practice as it got a little challenging.  It sucks because we're seeing fewer and fewer practices open to the public.  I won't even bother with the practice at MHS.  If it's anything like last year, it's going to be a circus.  Traffic will be a nightmare.

I'm guessing that this "practice" is simply a marketing kind of thing.  I see little value regarding developing players, but higher value making them "open" or "accessible" to the public.
Quote:I'm guessing that this "practice" is simply a marketing kind of thing. I see little value regarding developing players, but higher value making them "open" or "accessible" to the public.

Thats the idea. Just like last year at Bartram Trail.
Tim's camp reports are master class. The level of detail is bewildering. An opponent can use them as scouting notes in my view.
Quote:I'm guessing that this "practice" is simply a marketing kind of thing.  I see little value regarding developing players, but higher value making them "open" or "accessible" to the public.

As long as they don't play songs with those suggestive lyrics...everything will be fine.   :mellow:
Pages: 1 2