Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: FWIW: Prisco's Power rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jaguars are currently 26th.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/25252...-into-camp

Quote: 

They had a lot of young players get experience last season. That will help as they grow together. Can this be a .500 team?

I think he has KC, St. Louis and Buffalo too low and Chicago too high.

3 AFCN teams in the top ten.
Bears, 49ers, or Browns are drafting first overall

Quote:Bears, 49ers, or Browns are drafting first overall
I could see those things happening.

I might also throw the Skins in there, too.
Quote:I think he has KC, St. Louis and Buffalo too low and Chicago too high.

Yeah. I do not get the Chicago thing at all. Cutler is a flake and they still do not have much talent on defense. They lost Marshall.

I don't see it.
Quote:Yeah. I do not get the Chicago thing at all. Cutler is a flake and they still do not have much talent on defense. They lost Marshall.

I don't see it.
Cutler is seemingly Jeff George v 2.0.

Fox is a good head coach, but it's going to take a bit to turn them around, especially in a tough division.
Pretty solid ratings. 

I think the Jags are in the fair spot for a preseason ranking.  Overall I think it is pretty spot on.  i think that Buffalo might be a bit better than he has them and Chicago a bit lower, but overall, pretty good
Someone should power rank the pundits.
Prisco has always been a fan of the Jaguars.

I love Pete.

Im a little surprised the redskins are last but man IM glad it isnt us.

raweyejag

Pete is definitely a homer for Jags but that position is about right unless Jags take a big step forward and significantly cut down on all of the most basic football mistakes of blocking, tackling, angles, and stick to YOUR assignment on every play. We were really bad in these area's last year and I am hoping we take that significant step forward. I think this team is better than the 1996 team on paper except for mental breakdowns by one or two guys on offense, defense, and ST on a majority of every play last year. It appears Gus is holding every player more accountable in his tone and verbal admonishments than in the past two years. It can be done and we can do it. I am not saying playoffs but I do want us to go back to being competitive in every game. That was what Cardiac Cats were until about 5 years ago. Even when we lost we were in the game and driving to stadium every week knew we had a winning chance. For the past 4 years it has been hard to sit and watch all the basic breakdowns throughout the whole game and get our [BLEEP] kicked week in and week out. If we are competitive every week that shows we are almost there even if we only win 5 or 6 games. Trust me I get it there are those of you who don't feel that is good enough because I am sick of watching the product that has been on the field the last 4 years. If we are competitive and in every game until the end that means we are capable of playoff level football soon...maybe even...not going to say it! Go Jags.
Bears are too high and so are the Eagles. He put the Jags in a fair spot

poor Cleveland, it looks like their window of opportunity is already gone. :ermm:

Quote:poor Cleveland, it looks like their window of opportunity is already gone. :ermm:
What window?
Meh. I'm glad the Jags are up a little. I realize Pete is sort of a Jags "homer".

Honestly though, you could take all the teams from 26-32 and rank them anywhere in those spots. All those teams are about even, IMO.

Flip 'em around any way you want. It would still be correct.

Jags

Bucs

Jets

Raiders

Browns

Titans

Skins
Glad to see a little more perspective in his power rankings, unlike most of these "experts" who merely pick up where the last season left off.  With that said, Prisco was a huge fan of Gabbert so there's that.

Quote:Meh. I'm glad the Jags are up a little. I realize Pete is sort of a Jags "homer".

Honestly though, you could take all the teams from 26-32 and rank them anywhere in those spots. All those teams are about even, IMO.

Flip 'em around any way you want. It would still be correct.

Jags

Bucs

Jets

Raiders

Browns

Titans

Skins
I agree, every team has questions at QB

Whether it is a rookie or year 2 player... 

Or a dude with "talent" but more questions, RG, Geno
Quote:Glad to see a little more perspective in his power rankings, unlike most of these "experts" who merely pick up where the last season left off.  With that said, Prisco was a huge fan of Gabbert so there's that.

Prisco also loves Marvin Lewis and always overrates Cincinnati. Just like he always, always overrated the Falcons when his buddy Mike Smith was head coach.
Quote:Prisco also loves Marvin Lewis and always overrates Cincinnati. Just like he always, always overrated the Falcons when his buddy Mike Smith was head coach.

As he always overrated the jags. In 2008 we were 5th.
Pages: 1 2