Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CCW Permits Save Lives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You just don't hear about it in the MSM because it doesn't fit their anti-gun narrative

Cincinnati man shoots at 1-year-old boy, is shot by man with concealed carry permit

A 62-year-old man with a gun in each hand fired at four people – including a 1-year-old boy – before a civilian with a concealed carry permit returned fire and wounded the shooter, cops told FOX19.

Thomas McCary is being held without bond on four counts of felonious assault.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/27/cin...cmp=hplnws

Naw, guns save lives. CCWs are just another government impediment to having more of them legally available. They [BAD WORD REMOVED] on your leg and tell you it's raining.

Or if you had proper gun laws this whole incident may not have happened?
Quote:Or if you had proper gun laws this whole incident may not have happened?

Bad Guys don't obey Gun Laws

Quote:Or if you had proper gun laws this whole incident may not have happened?
The irony here is that people who are liberal and support gun control, are most likely supporters of legalized marijuana as well. It doesn't matter if you make guns illegal, bad people will ALWAYS find a way to get them. Just like narcotics.

Quote:The irony here is that people who are liberal and support gun control, are most likely supporters of legalized marijuana as well. It doesn't matter if you make guns illegal, bad people will ALWAYS find a way to get them. Just like narcotics.

Sure people will always get ahold of them, but we can make them much harder for criminals to get their hands on.  I find it funny that Kate's Law is being touted as wonderful if it saves even one life, but if Gun Control saves even one life, it wouldn't be worth it.
It is very hard to get a gun in a country with gun laws. I have no clue how I would get one so I doubt your average mass shooting crazy would be able to either.
OK, I'll be the first one to say it.

The story is misleading by the headline.  It wasn't some "random citizen" that had the concealed permit, it was the brother of the person that the perp was arguing with.  He just happened to have a CC permit and was on the scene.

This is not an example of someone having a CC permit stopping a crime, it's simply a domestic dispute ended by a family member.

Quote:It is very hard to get a gun in a country with gun laws. I have no clue how I would get one so I doubt your average mass shooting crazy would be able to either.

Hope your government treats you good, not that there's anything you could do about it if they decided not to......
Quote:Hope your government treats you good, not that there's anything you could do about it if they decided not to......

This is a very good point actually...  One I've thought about for a while.  The argument that having guns will help protect us from our government once it becomes tyrannical is an utter joke.  I don't care how many people have hand guns and these assault rifles.  There's no way the citizenry can compete with tanks, blackhawk helicopters, and our Army, Marines, etc.  

The only way to over take the oligarchy is via voting.  The 2nd ammendment isn't gonna make us all Rambos so that we can take back our government.  Only getting organized and voting can do that.

Quote:OK, I'll be the first one to say it.

The story is misleading by the headline.  It wasn't some "random citizen" that had the concealed permit, it was the brother of the person that the perp was arguing with.  He just happened to have a CC permit and was on the scene.

This is not an example of someone having a CC permit stopping a crime, it's simply a domestic dispute ended by a family member.
Misleading article couple with misleading or outrage inducing headline posted by OP!?!?!?!?! Say it isn't so!!!!!!! :thanks:
Quote:This is a very good point actually...  One I've thought about for a while.  The argument that having guns will help protect us from our government once it becomes tyrannical is an utter joke.  I don't care how many people have hand guns and these assault rifles.  There's no way the citizenry can compete with tanks, blackhawk helicopters, and our Army, Marines, etc.  

The only way to over take the oligarchy is via voting.  The 2nd ammendment isn't gonna make us all Rambos so that we can take back our government.  Only getting organized and voting can do that.

What has happened before can and will happen again.
In the southern hemisphere it's CW permits that save lives.

Yep good luck with your hand guns against jets, drones, weapons of mass destruction etc.

You are as helpless as everyone else With or without guns.
Quote:Yep good luck with your hand guns against jets, drones, weapons of mass destruction etc.

Suuuuuuure we are.
Quote:Suuuuuuure we are.

You are deluded. In the meantime at least we don't fear being attacked so much we need a weapon at all times.
Quote:You are deluded. In the meantime at least we don't fear being attacked so much we need a weapon at all times.

Call me delusional all you like, I don't care. When the time come myself and several hundred thousand others like me will be ready. If it never comes then great. History tells us that won't be the case.
Quote:This is a very good point actually... One I've thought about for a while. The argument that having guns will help protect us from our government once it becomes tyrannical is an utter joke. I don't care how many people have hand guns and these assault rifles. There's no way the citizenry can compete with tanks, blackhawk helicopters, and our Army, Marines, etc.

The only way to over take the oligarchy is via voting. The 2nd ammendment isn't gonna make us all Rambos so that we can take back our government. Only getting organized and voting can do that.
When the people fear government you have tyranny when the government fears the people you have liberty,

When you are so thoroughly disarmed that you don't even know where to get a weapon should you need to defend yourself you are completely dependent on the very institution you hope you'll never need to fear. You'd think with European long history of tyrannical regimes you'd guys have learned that lesson by now?

Edit: meant to qoute lastonealive not you anchorman I know your not european
Quote:Yep good luck with your hand guns against jets, drones, weapons of mass destruction etc.

See the above post
I don't fear the government, that's you.

You are the oppressed one,I get paid more, have more holiday and get public health care if required. Maybe government meddling isn't so bad!
Pages: 1 2