Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I still see him as the next Simeon Rice. He has both speed and power. And I really think he will have a breakout year.

Thoughts?
Aside from them playing two completely different positions, I love the comp

Well tech the Bucks played a 3 4 d. And Rice as a pro was only 1 inch taller and only 220 when first entered league.
Not to mention Smith was only a one year starter. Had he been longer it is possible he could of played DE. But yes as it stands Smith is a LB. Which is more suitable for our D.

But he has tremendous potential.
I had a thought... Then I lost it..

They're almost carbon copies as long as you ignore the fact that Rice is 6'5" and played around 265-270, and played a different position.  Smith is what?  6'3" and struggles to stay close to 220?  They could be twins.

Quote:I had a thought... Then I lost it..
The dead zone is ending soon, and so will these thought provoking threads.  

Well, at least we can hope these will end.  Maybe not.
According to NCAA finds Rice was only 6ft4 and entered the league at 220.

There is nothing wrong with projecting all pro caliber potential.
Quote:They're almost carbon copies as long as you ignore the fact that Rice is 6'5" and played around 265-270, and played a different position. Smith is what? 6'3" and struggles to stay close to 220? They could be twins.

Im not TMD ya wont get me banned. He has a very high motor as well. I am sorry thatvyou chose to not see potential in lower end prospects.
Quote:According to NCAA finds Rice was only 6ft4 and entered the league at 220.

There is nothing wrong with projecting all pro caliber potential.
According to NFL.com, he was 6'5", and played his final season at 268.  Telvin Smith isn't growing 2 inches, and he struggled to keep his weight above 215.

BTW, if Rice entered the league at 220, he must have gone on one heck of a diet between the combine that year and the start of the season because he weighed in at 258 lbs at the NFL Combine.  Google is a wonderful thing.

(whoosh)

Okay. But weight isnt everything.
Quote:Im not TMD ya wont get me banned. He has a very high motor as well. I am sorry thatvyou chose to not see potential in lower end prospects.

I see the potential just fine.  I guess it's your talk show host expertise with your sidekicks Pooky and Huggy Bear that has you thinking you've got some keen insight here.  Unfortunately, there's really no comparison between the two players beyond the alternate reality you're trying to toss out there.

Quote:Okay. But weight isnt everything.

Apparently neither is height or the position they play, right?

If Telvin Smith could pack on say 100 lbs, would you compare him to someone like Ndamukong Suh?

Quote:Well tech the Bucks played a 3 4 d. And Rice as a pro was only 1 inch taller and only 220 when first entered league.

Tampa played a 4-3 defense. Rice played DE with his hand on the ground.
Quote:Tampa played a 4-3 defense. Rice played DE with his hand on the ground.
No difference.
Geez give the OP a break. He just wanted to spark a little discussion in the off-season.

Following the spirit of the thread I would like to throw out there that Luke Bowanko reminds me a lot of Steve Atwater.

Quote:Geez give the OP a break. He just wanted to spark a little discussion in the off-season.

Following the spirit of the thread I would like to throw out there that Luke Bowanko reminds me a lot of Steve Atwater.

Hmm.  I have always likened Bowanko to Tavian Banks. 
Why does he need to be the next anybody?

How about he's himself and continues to develop?
Quote:Geez give the OP a break. He just wanted to spark a little discussion in the off-season.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.............Sorry I couldn't help it. 
Pages: 1 2 3